- Chinchina, Colombia
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Spring Break, Summer
- Work Types:
- Program Description:
The “Coffee Cultural Landscape of Colombia” is an exceptional example of a sustainable and productive cultural landscape that is unique and representative of a tradition that is a strong symbol for coffee growing areas worldwide. Among these beautiful green Andean mountains landscape is an up & coming tourism industry. During the new post-conflict era, Colombia is experiencing a renaissance in tourism as the world’s 2nd most biodiverse country in the world; named Best Value Destination for 2017. And if you love coffee, you’ll be in heaven. Take a take a front-row seat for an extended “Paisaje Cultural Cafetero Experience,” as an active participant! Every morning you’ll start your day with a freshly cultivated & brewed cup of the best coffee in the world! Depending on availability at each worksite and interns’ background & interest, you may be matched to one or more locations such as sustainable eco-farms, coffee plantations, recreational attractions, or traditional finca hotels.
- Everything about Coffee: Planting, harvesting, processing, drying, milling, exporting, tasting, roasting, grinding, brewing
- Adventure Recreation: Ziplining, waterfall repelling, horseback riding, wall climbing, paintball, hiking, & more!
- Hospitality Management: hotel management, restaurant management, tour management, customer service, online global marketing.
- AgriScience: Coffee, Cacao, Coconuts, Bananas, Citrus, Papaya, and many other unique tropical fruits and vegetables.
- Leadership: Public speaking as tour guide for the public and translator for the organization.
- Spanish: Immerse yourself in Spanish!
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- Discount based financial circumstances and need & match within the community for volunteer's existing skills.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program