While on the program, students will spend many days exploring the cities and ancient towns in Yunnan province, while participating in many structured activities like morning Mandarin classes, afternoon interning, volunteering, language exchange activities
- Beijing, China; Kunming, China
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Work Types:
- Business, Social Sciences
- Program Description:
- The Yunnan China Summer Study and Travel Programs are conducted during set times of the year and are meant for individual students, who are not part of a faculty-led university/school group program. We offer the program during three different time periods in summer in China for $2885. As a part of these programs; an additional optional Beijing trip is available for a cost of $985.
While on the program, students will spend many days exploring the cities and ancient towns in Yunnan province, while participating in many structured activities like morning Mandarin classes, afternoon interning, volunteering, language exchange activities or one-one tutorials .
The program price includes costs of activities that are listed as part of our programs. These activities include: - Morning class of normally three to four students (however with a maximum of seven students) - Afternoon volunteer service learning placement, internship placement or language exchange activities; while volunteering and language exchange activities are included at no extra cost, internship placement is possible for an extra $499 - Tickets to cultural sites and cultural performances listed in the programs - Shared bedroom in spacious shared modern apartments, in Kunming and shared bedrooms in modern guesthouses and hostels, while students are traveling - A private bedroom is possible for $50 per week - All meals during the days of the program - A cell phone, SIM card, and a small initial credit for in-country calling - Land transportation to sites listed in the programs - Detailed in-country orientation within the first few days of arrival
- Setting Description:
- Minds Abroad is a U.S.-based organization that conducts study abroad programs to bring Western students to Asia. Because of the way our programs engage students with local communities, Minds Abroad was recently among the “Top Ten Best Practices Program” list by the Center for Citizen Diplomacy in conjunction with the U.S. State Department. Our China programs are based in Kunming, the cosmopolitan capital of Yunnan, China’s most diverse province and Lonely Planet’s top choice in China. As Lonely Planet contends, “If you have time for but one province in China, Yunnan should be it.” Kunming is an ideal destination for cultural immersion because of its great diversity of land and people.
- The price of this program is $2885 with an optional Beijing trip for $985.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program