- Wilmington, United States
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- Undergraduate Certificate
- Medical Billing, Coding & Transcription, Medical Billing, Coding & Transcription
- Program Description:
Do you like working with computers and enjoy interacting with people? Are you looking for an education that can fit your busy life? Then, Medical Billing and Coding may be right for you. Miller-Motte’s online Medical Billing and Coding training will prepare you for an exciting career in healthcare.
It is important that insurance companies, hospitals and other healthcare facilities ensure patients are billed accurately for all services and procedures. During your training, you will learn how to properly bill and process patient information. With online training from Miller-Motte, you can start your new career with a Medical Billing and Coding certificate in as little as 15 months.
What You Will Learn in Our Medical Billing and Coding Program
Our classes will help you gain the skills and knowledge you need to start a successful career. You can expect to take the following courses in our online Medical Billing and Coding program:
- Pathology: The course examines the disease process for all body systems as well as how each disease process affects the body as a whole. Students will learn proper methods to successfully educate patients and their family members on the disease process, prevention and health maintenance.
- Medical Office Systems: This course provides a working knowledge of the administrative and financial duties performed in the medical office setting, including the utilization of Electronic Health Records (EHR). Students learn to organize and plan assigned tasks, set priorities and make decisions as a member of the healthcare team.
- Health Information Systems and Technology: This course provides an in-depth study of the content, storage, retrieval, control and retention of health information systems. Information regarding hardware and software components of computers for medical record applications is discussed. Students will explore methods of controlling accuracy and security of data in computer systems, records linkage and data sharing concepts.
Once you have received your Medical Billing and Coding certificate, you will be ready to enter the job market with the skills needed to have a successful career. For more information about courses you can download the Course Catalog.
Careers in Medical Billing and Coding
Here are some careers that need people with training in the field of Medical Billing and Coding:
Billing, Cost, Rate Clerk
As a Billing, Cost, Rate Clerk, you will compile data and compute fees to help keep your medical office running smoothly. You may also prepare billing invoices. Healthcare practices rely on Billing and Posting clerks so they can continue to provide medical care to patients.
Medical Records Technician
As a Medical Records Technician, you will use your medical record-keeping knowledge and hospital procedures to ensure patient records have the important information they need to get the treatments that will help them feel better. You’ll also record patient histories and process insurance payments. Medical Records Technician positions are expected to grow 22% by the year 2022*, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Additional Program Information
- National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA).
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program