- East Peoria, United States
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- HVAC Technologies, HVAC Technologies, HVAC Technologies
- Program Description:
- The MTI HVAC/R - MAR program consists of four nine-week modules. Each module contains basic subject content for training in the installation, repair and maintenance for the heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration industry and basic subject content for training in installation and repair for the major appliance industry. Students must successfully complete a module prior to advancing to the next module. Successful completion of a module requires a minimum grade point average of 2.0 (70%), minimum of 90% attendance and successfully completing a comprehensive written/lab final. Successful completion of each module and EPA Section 608 Core, Type I, and Type II certification exams will entitle student to a diploma in HVAC/R diploma and MARC (Major Appliance Repair Certification). Class times are four hours daily (8am-noon or 1pm-5pm) each week for the duration of the course. This includes the opportunity for an extensive hands-on experience as well as theory, equipment components and operation. The HVAC/R - MAR program welcomes any person with or without previous electrical, mechanical or construction training or experience, although any previous experience will prove beneficial to that student. The course objective is to provide each student with the basic knowledge and skills as a quality entry-level employee in the HVACR and major appliance industries. Students should be aware that employment in the industry by some employers may require them to possess a clean driving record, submit to a criminal background check, provide a drug screen, relocation, climb ladders, work in attics and crawlspaces, move heavy equipment, work in harsh environments and being available for 24-hour service calls. Each graduate will be responsible for following leads provided to them as well as interviewing for employment. Some industry related fields include but are not limited to: equipment and duct installers, duct cleaners, service technicians, sheet metal, electrical, facilities maintenance, sales, management, marketing, estimating, inspections and self employment. Our Springfield, IL campus is nationally accredited by HVAC Excellence.
Additional Program Information
- Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges
- Financial Aid:
- FinancialAid Info:
- MTI is approved by the United States Department of Education to participate in the Federal Financial Aid Program. Financial aid is available to those who qualify.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program