Politics in the Field is now forming the schedule from the pool of institutions below and independent academics, experts and journalists: AK Party CHP - Republican People's Party MHP - Nationalist Movement Party BDP- Peace and Democracy Party Turkish
- Ankara, Turkey; Istanbul, Turkey
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
- Politics in the Field, an initiative of the International Forum for Democracy and Peace, offers a unique political trip to Turkey to experience the country's newly ascertained political culture, economic power, and regional as well as international role in the world, first hand. Turkey seeks to pursue an active role in its region, however, the debates about Turkey's newly proactive foreign policy are predominantly carried out by western and global media outlets. The participants will be allowed to make their own decisions about Turkey's new political role via dialogue with some of Turkey's leaders themselves.
The Turkey trip will take place in Istanbul and Ankara. Downtown accommodation, domestic transportation, and all meetings/visits will be covered via the program fee, while participants will be expected to arrange their own round-trip flights from their home cities to Istanbul.
The Turkey trip will focus on the role of Turkey in the Arab Spring, Turkey ahead of it's new constitution, Turkey and the Kurdish question and Turkey's much debated new foreign policy in regard to its position on the Syrian crisis.
The participants will have a series of round table meetings, and field trips in both cities. The trip will include;
* Meetings with MP's from all political parties represented in the parliament, and high level bureaucrats; NGO's; Syrian opposition representatives in Turkey; Academics; and interest group representatives.
* Additionally, there will be opportunities for an exchange of ideas with minority leaders; Visits to religious institutions; Lunch/dinner meetings with journalists; Guided field trips to historical, religious, and political landmarks; and visits to media institutions.
Politics in the Field is now forming the schedule from the pool of institutions below and independent academics, experts and journalists: AK Party CHP - Republican People's Party MHP - Nationalist Movement Party BDP- Peace and Democracy Party Turkish Airlines Ministry for European Union Affairs of Turkey Istanbul Municipality US Consulate in Istanbul Istanbul Bilgi University Hagia Sophia MUSIAD TUSIAD Religious Affairs Department of Turkey HABERTURK TV Skyturk TV Anitkabir SETA TIKA Istanbul Modern Galata Mevlevihanesi (Rumi House) Topkapi Palace Beyoglu Municipality Jewish Community of Turkey Armenian Community of Turkey Greek Community of Turkey Turkish Grand Assembly TOKI - State owned construction firm Invest in Turkey - Turkish Prime Ministry Istanbul 2020 Istanbul Stock Exchange HSBC Bank Is Investment
Academic credit not applicable.
- The Turkey Exchange (Istanbul & Ankara) will take place July 5-15 2012. The participation fee is $2,000 and includes domestic transportation, accommodation in Istanbul and Ankara, and various expenses regarding the visits.
Based on 1 Reviews
- Brilliant02/22/18Very promising for diligent top students like me and my friends.Bottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend