The Middlebury School in France has been offering undergraduate students the opportunity to study at the Université de Poitiers since fall 2002. This program offers students the opportunity to spend their time abroad in a full-immersion environment within
- Poitiers, France
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Work Types:
- Arts & Architecture, Business, Computer Science, Education, Journalism, Psychology, Sciences & Environment, Social Sciences
- Program Description:
- Intended for students with 5 semesters of college-level French, the direct enrollment structure of the School in France provides students with the opportunity to increase their language abilities through constant interaction with native speakers. Whether spending time with local students in their classes, their colleagues at an internship placement, or in student residences, students use their language in a very real immersion environment.
The Middlebury School in France has been offering undergraduate students the opportunity to study at the Université de Poitiers since fall 2002. This program offers students the opportunity to spend their time abroad in a full-immersion environment within a French institution of higher education.
Participants in the C.V. Starr-Middlebury Schools Abroad don’t just study a language—they live it. Many of our students major in disciplines other than foreign languages, yet all bring a level of proficiency that supports their commitment to language and cultural immersion. They sign and honor the Middlebury Language Pledge because they want the greatest possible challenge in a study abroad program and an authentic experience in every respect; academic, social, and even professional. Participants take courses in most subjects with host country students, intern or engage in volunteer work, and live with a host family. Indeed, at every juncture of their time abroad, students have the chance to "live the language" and immerse themselves in the host culture.
- Setting Description:
- Conveniently located between Paris and Bordeaux- only an hour and a half by TGV (Train de grand vitesse) from either- the cobblestone city of Poitiers is the capital of the Poitou-Charentes region, close to La Rochelle and Ile de Ré, and beyond the major tourist attractions of the Loire valley. Once the haunting ground of Eleanor of Aquitaine, and home to both medieval cloisters and the ultra modern Futuroscope park, Poitiers is a blend of the ancient and contemporary.
- Semester Tuition: $13,800. Year Tuition: $27,600
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program