A lovely campus in the center of the city of Concepción, Universidad de Concepción is a private university that boasts the most unified campus among Chilean universities. Because it hosts few internationals, students enrolled here have the opportunity to
- Concepcion, Chile
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Work Types:
- Arts & Architecture, Computer Science, Education, Medical, Psychology, Sciences & Environment, Social Sciences
- Program Description:
- Intended for students with five semesters of college-level Spanish, the School in Chile provides students with the opportunity to increase their language abilities through constant interaction with native speakers. Whether spending time with local students in their university classes, their colleagues at an internship placement, or in their homestays, students use their language in a very real immersion environment.
A lovely campus in the center of the city of Concepción, Universidad de Concepción is a private university that boasts the most unified campus among Chilean universities. Because it hosts few internationals, students enrolled here have the opportunity to take advantage of a full linguistic and cultural immersion experience. The university specializes in Spanish literature, history, and biological, environmental, and marine sciences.
Participants in the C.V. Starr-Middlebury Schools Abroad don’t just study a language—they live it. Many of our students major in disciplines other than foreign languages, yet all bring a level of proficiency that supports their commitment to language and cultural immersion. They sign and honor the Middlebury Language Pledge because they want the greatest possible challenge in a study abroad program and an authentic experience in every respect; academic, social, and even professional. Participants take courses in most subjects, often with host country students, intern or engage in volunteer work, and live with a family or local students. Indeed, at every juncture of their time abroad, students have the chance to "live the language" and immerse themselves in the host culture.
- Setting Description:
- Chile, stretching 1,800 miles from the Peruvian border in the north to Cape Horn and the Straight of Magellan in the south, encompasses every kind of environment from tropical to desert to sub antarctic. Concepción is the third oldest Chilean city and an important commercial and cultural center of 450,000 people.
- Semester Tuition (includes health insurance): $12,650. Year Tuition (includes health insurance): $25,300
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program