The private Universidad Austral de Chile serves as the cultural center of Valdivia. Its 60-acre setting on the Isla Teja between the Calle-Calle, Cruces, and Cau-Cau rivers makes it an enviable location for the university's excellent rowing program. The
- Valdivia, Chile
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Work Types:
- Arts & Architecture, Education, Medical, Sciences & Environment, Social Sciences
- Program Description:
- Intended for students with five semesters of college-level Spanish, the School in Chile provides students with the opportunity to increase their language abilities through constant interaction with native speakers. Whether spending time with local students in their university classes, their colleagues at an internship placement, or in their homestays, students use their language in a very real immersion environment.
The private Universidad Austral de Chile serves as the cultural center of Valdivia. Its 60-acre setting on the Isla Teja between the Calle-Calle, Cruces, and Cau-Cau rivers makes it an enviable location for the university's excellent rowing program. The university is located one mile from the center of town and transportation is readily available. It boasts strong programs in ecology, marine biology, and forestry and offers a variety of liberal arts courses, including a faculty of fine arts.
Participants in the C.V. Starr-Middlebury Schools Abroad don’t just study a language—they live it. Many of our students major in disciplines other than foreign languages, yet all bring a level of proficiency that supports their commitment to language and cultural immersion. They sign and honor the Middlebury Language Pledge because they want the greatest possible challenge in a study abroad program and an authentic experience in every respect; academic, social, and even professional. Participants take courses in most subjects, often with host country students, intern or engage in volunteer work, and live with a family or local students. Indeed, at every juncture of their time abroad, students have the chance to "live the language" and immerse themselves in the host culture.
- Setting Description:
- Valdivia is a port city known for its unique architecture and natural beauty whose Spanish and German heritages combine to create a welcoming atmosphere and beautiful surroundings.
- Semester Tuition (includes health insurance): $12,650. Year Tuition (includes health insurance): $25,300
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program