One of the best kept secrets of the southern universities, La UFRO in the city of Temuco is well known for its programs in sociology and anthropology, and especially indigenous studies. There are very few international students enrolled at La UFRO, makin
- Santiago, Chile
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Work Types:
- Business, Computer Science, Education, Journalism, Medical, Sciences & Environment, Social Sciences
- Program Description:
- Intended for students with 5 semesters of college-level Spanish, the direct enrollment structure of the School in Chile provides students with the opportunity to increase their language abilities through constant interaction with native speakers. Whether spending time with local students in their classes, their colleagues at an internship placement, or in their homestays, students use their language in a very real immersion environment.
One of the best kept secrets of the southern universities, La UFRO in the city of Temuco is well known for its programs in sociology and anthropology, and especially indigenous studies. There are very few international students enrolled at La UFRO, making it ideal for the more independent student. It is located ten minutes by bus from the downtown area and enrolls roughly 5,000 students in its schools of Medicine, Engineering and Administration, Education and Humanities, and Agricultural Sciences.
Participants in the C.V. Starr-Middlebury Schools Abroad don’t just study a language—they live it. Many of our students major in disciplines other than foreign languages, yet all bring a level of proficiency that supports their commitment to language and cultural immersion. They sign and honor the Middlebury Language Pledge because they want the greatest possible challenge in a study abroad program and an authentic experience in every respect; academic, social, and even professional. Participants take courses in most subjects with host country students, intern or engage in volunteer work, and live with a host family. Indeed, at every juncture of their time abroad, students have the chance to "live the language" and immerse themselves in the host culture.
- Setting Description:
- Temuco, located in Chilean Patagonia, is the capital city of the Araucanía region, where a large concentration of Mapuche people resides. The city thrives on agriculture and tourism.
- Semester Tuition (includes health insurance): $12,650. Year Tuition (includes health insurance): $25,300
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program