Five thousand students strong, the university based in La Serena attracts students with a demonstrated interest in astronomy, biology, ecology, and geography, but offers courses across the disciplines of sciences, humanities, and engineering. There are cu
- La Serena, Chile
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Work Types:
- Business, Education, Engineering, Journalism, Medical, Sciences & Environment, Social Sciences
- Program Description:
- Intended for students with five semesters of college-level Spanish, the School in Chile provides students with the opportunity to increase their language abilities through constant interaction with native speakers. Whether spending time with local students in their university classes, their colleagues at an internship placement, or in their homestays, students use their language in a very real immersion environment.
Five thousand students strong, the university based in La Serena attracts students with a demonstrated interest in astronomy, biology, ecology, and geography, but offers courses across the disciplines of sciences, humanities, and engineering. There are currently no other study abroad programs operating in La Serena, increasing the appeal of this site for more independent students.
Participants in the C.V. Starr-Middlebury Schools Abroad don’t just study a language—they live it. Many of our students major in disciplines other than foreign languages, yet all bring a level of proficiency that supports their commitment to language and cultural immersion. They sign and honor the Middlebury Language Pledge because they want the greatest possible challenge in a study abroad program and an authentic experience in every respect; academic, social, and even professional. Participants take courses in most subjects with host country students, intern or engage in volunteer work, and live with a host family. Indeed, at every juncture of their time abroad, students have the chance to "live the language" and immerse themselves in the host culture.
- Setting Description:
- The long, impossibly thin line of Chile boasts a magnificent Pacific coastline, Andean peaks with over 50 active volcanoes, the inhospitable Atacama Desert, and Chilean Patagonia. La Serena, located in the northern zone of país de rincones, is Chile's second oldest city and a popular vacation destination for Chileans.
- Semester Tuition (includes health insurance): $12,650. Year Tuition (includes health insurance): $25,300
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program