- Mexico City, Mexico; Guanajuato, Mexico
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
Based in Guanajuato, the capital city of the state of Guanajuato and a UNESCO World Heritage Site, this program offers students an academic and culturally enriching experience in Mexico, taking 6 credits while living with a local host family. Students learn, live, and travel while immersed in the vibrant culture of Mexico.
Coursework includes 6 credits in HIS145: History of Mexico (3 cr) and Chicano Studies (3 cr). An excursion to Mexico City allows students the opportunity to explore the art, history, culture, and archeology of one of the world's largest, oldest, and most dynamic cities. Trace the famous Ruta de la Independencia with stops in Dolores Hidalgo, Atotonilco, and San Miguel de Allende.
Through a homestay experience, students benefit from the invaluable cultural experience of living with a Mexican family, allowing for immediate and Spanish language immersion where they do not simply learn about the culture, but live it!
- Setting Description:
- Guanajuato is a small, peaceful colonial-era city with a rich history in central Mexico. It is a university town, a center of tourism, and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Once one of the most important mining centers in the New World, the city's historic theaters, beautifully painted houses, plentiful cafes, and friendly residents make it an ideal setting in which to study and visit historical sites that date back to the 1500's.
- Please see the Mesa Community College (Mesa, AZ) study abroad website for annual dates and current pricing. Program fee includes: Lodging, cultural excursions, meals (except while on cultural excursions),local ground transportation, medical insurance and direct program fees. Students pay for international airfare and meals.
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- See website for information.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program