This graduate program is a close cooperation between the MPI for Ornithology and the Biology at the University of Konstanz
- Konstanz, Germany
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- Ecology, Ecology, Ecology
- Program Description:
- The International Max Planck Research School (IMPRS) for Organismal Biology is a close cooperation between the Max Planck Institute for Ornithology and the Department of Biology at the University of Konstanz. Its aim is to provide first-class training and education for outstanding doctoral students from all over the world in a stimulating research environment. This competitive doctoral program provides its fellows with an excellent starting platform for a successful career in the fields of animal behaviour, ecology, evolution, physiology, and neurobiology. Our faculty is comprised of more than 30 leading researchers; our 64 PhD fellows come from 27 countries. Besides their own research, the IMPRS fellows attend laboratory courses and workshops in relevant transferable skills like scientific writing and project management. Talks by invited speakers during our annual IMPRS symposium, student retreats, and conference participations complete the individually tailored curriculum.
Additional Program Information
- The Research School is under control of the Max Planck Society and its guidelines.
- Financial Aid:
- Applicants should hold an MSc or equivalent degree in biology or a related discipline at the point of enrollment.
- International Requirements:
- Outstanding students of all nationalities with a deep commitment to basic research in Organismal Biology are invited to apply. All courses are taught in English.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program