Screen printing is a method of making an image using stencils. These are attached to a mesh that is stretched over a frame. Using a squeegee, ink is pulled through the stencil to create an image. Screen printing as a process is intrinsic to graphics, adv
- Malaga, Spain; Marbella, Spain
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
- * 2 weeks Screen Print (800€) 21 July to 1 August
• Taught in English.
• 5 days a week (Mon-Fri). Study Hours: 10:00 -15:00
• Required Equipment: Laptop and software installed
(You can download a trial version which is valid for 3 months or you can as a student at the Academy buy a student version of the program.)
• We help you find good non expensive accommodation in Monda for the time of the length of your course.
• The Students are welcome to bring a project of their own to be solved during the course.
Screen printing is a method of making an image using stencils. These are attached to a mesh that is stretched over a frame. Using a squeegee, ink is pulled through the stencil to create an image. Screen printing as a process is intrinsic to graphics, advertising and packaging. This is owing to its versatility of scale, color and, overall, the ease with which you can produce large production runs cost effectively. These factors drew fine artists to using screen printing as a medium during the 1960s pop art movement.
When the Course has been completed you will receive a Marbella Design Academy - Certificate in Screen Printing (2 weeks). * The Screen Print course can be combined with our 2 weeks Photoshop Course. The first half of the course is structured so that you learn a range of stencil making techniques within the non-photographic and the photographic spheres. The second part of the course is structured around your individual application of these techniques. Together we will work towards strengthening your image making skills and so, your sense of authorship.
- Setting Description:
- The academy operates from our beautiful, 2.000m2 building only 200m from the village of Monda, and 15km from the town of Marbella on the Costa del Sol, Spain. Our Summer Courses are shaped so you have both time to enjoy your holiday in our beautiful surroundings her in South of Spain, as well as having time to learn something useful. Holiday and Studies in one go! The afternoon and evenings are all yours. The beaches are stunning as is the night life in Marbella. Have fun and get smarter in your chosen course. This is a great way to spend your Holiday and to make new friends from all over the World.
- 400Euros per week Non-European students do not need a student visa to enter Spain for the Summer Course. You can enter on a normal tourist visa, valid for 3 months. Our Summer Courses are huge success. We hope to see you in July-August 2014.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program