- Nairobi, Kenya
- Program Type:
- Volunteer Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Gap Year
- Work Types:
- Children, Education, Social Services, Women's Rights
- 1-2 weeks, 3-4 weeks, 1-3 months, 4-6 months, 7-11 months, 1 year
- Program Description:
Sadly due to the stigma of HIV in Africa, Kenya has many orphanages which house children who have been abandoned by their families after being diagnosed with the virus. The children volunteers come into contact with during this program have been extremely disadvantaged by their circumstances and will have endured a great deal of hardship - much of it holding back their development.
As an orphanage volunteer in Kenya you will be supplying much-needed attention, compassion, hope, encouragement, support and love to vulnerable children. Volunteers can help with the children’s daily routine and then teach or assist the children that need extra help during school hours. Volunteers can also plan special activities and experiences - trips out, parties, sports days etc. As a result, you will be helping the children to become empowered to face the challenges of their life, poverty and possible exploitation.
Age: 18 years +
Minimum stay: 2 Weeks
How to apply: Online Application
Start Dates: Flexible/Open Start Dates
Language: All volunteers must have a good command of the English language. Some understanding of the local dialect would also be beneficial.
ABOUT LOVE VOLUNTEERS
Love Volunteers provides individuals with the chance to travel abroad and immerse in a new culture, while participating in projects that provide help where it is needed most. Join us for a truly memorable experience volunteering abroad. All volunteer projects are responsible, safe, and affordable!
Here's why more and more people are choosing to become a LOVE VOLUNTEER!
Need - We work directly with local charities on grass-roots community development projects. Our focus is on providing support where it is really needed - not holidays! We keep volunteer numbers at sustainable levels to meet the needs of each project - not to increase revenue!
Impact - By becoming a Love Volunteer you are saying to the world that you are a REAL volunteer and your focus is on supporting people and communities in need. You're not just a tourist and your goals include much more than selfies and hangovers. Your contribution with LV will be real and measurable. You will change lives, and one of them will be your own!
Safety - Your safety is our top priority. We have personally visited and regularly audit all of our projects and accommodations so you can rest assured that your needs will be met, whilst getting the most out of your experience.
Support - With dedicated in-country teams, you know you will have 24/7 support right there when you need it - guaranteed! From simply questions to hospital trips, we will ensure you are supported throughout your placement.
Communication - We pride ourselves in our reputation as always being available when you need us, dealing with your questions quickly, and being prompt with all communications. We are here to help you help the world!
Value - We strive to make volunteering abroad affordable and accessible to everyone. Our program fees are lower, our registration fees are lower - and we encourage you to compare!
Security - We have placed thousands of international volunteers in meaningful voluntary service projects around the world. We have the experience and the reputation, so you know you are in good hands!
Friendship - One of the benefits of volunteering is that you'll meet new people and develop friendships that will last a lifetime. This is one of the true benefits of volunteering and we encourage you to make the most of the unique opportunity to develop these cross-cultural friendships.
Free time - We realize that everyone needs a break and encourage our volunteers to have a look around where and when possible. All you need to do is let us know what you want to do and we will do our very best to make it happen for you!
For more information, or to join us on this exciting project, visit our website now!
- Setting Description:
- As with all of our programs in Kenya, volunteers are accommodated within our comfortable volunteer house, where you will have the opportunity to meet and socialize with other like-minded people from around the world. Two home-cooked meals are provided each day. Wi-Fi and laundry services are available. Free time can be used to explore this amazing city, or go on one of the many safaris available in the region!
- LV Registration Fee + Programs Fees from just $320 for two weeks! USD. Included: Accommodation, 2 Meals per day, Airport Pickup, Orientation on Arrival and 24/7 In-Country Support. Not Included: Flights, Insurance, VISA, Vaccinations, Airport Transfers, In-Country Transport, and Spending Money.
Additional Program Information
- Love Volunteers welcomes all who wish to volunteer and give their time and energy to help improve the lives of others in a developing country. Whilst some programs require specific education, qualifications and experience, all applicants must first and foremost have a genuine willingness to help, show drive and initiative, and bring a positive 'can-do' attitude. If this sounds like you, we want you on the team!
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program