- Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Program Type:
- Volunteer Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Gap Year
- Work Types:
- Children, Economic Development, Education, Health, Social Services
- 3-4 weeks, 1-3 months, 4-6 months, 7-11 months
- Program Description:
By volunteering to work with Street Children in Buenos Aires you help to give these children and young teens the power to improve their lives and gain life-skills that will enable them to work for a better life - off the streets.
Volunteers work with children between the vulnerable ages of 8 and 18 and work to give each child the individual attention they need. This assistance aims to fill gaps for each child in the areas of education, emotional needs, nutrition, medical attention, play, creativity and physical exercise, language, relationship building and culture. Every child supported by this program has a difficult life-story; as a Love Volunteer on this project you can directly help them to create a better outcome.
This program does not receive any government funding and relies on the efforts and contribution from international volunteers to continue.
Age: 18 years +
Minimum stay: 4 Weeks
How to apply: Online Application
Start Dates: Flexible/Open Start Dates
Language: Volunteers should speak at least Basic Spanish. Spanish lessons are available and are highly recommended.
ABOUT LOVE VOLUNTEERS
Love Volunteers provides individuals with the chance to travel abroad and immerse in a new culture, while participating in projects that provide help where it is needed most. Join us for a truly memorable experience volunteering abroad. All volunteer projects are responsible, safe, and affordable!
Here's why more and more people are choosing to become a LOVE VOLUNTEER!
Need - We work directly with local charities on grass-roots community development projects. Our focus is on providing support where it is really needed - not holidays! We keep volunteer numbers at sustainable levels to meet the needs of each project - not to increase revenue!
Impact - By becoming a Love Volunteer you are saying to the world that you are a REAL volunteer and your focus is on supporting people and communities in need. You're not just a tourist and your goals include much more than selfies and hangovers. Your contribution with LV will be real and measurable. You will change lives, and one of them will be your own!
Safety - Your safety is our top priority. We have personally visited and regularly audit all of our projects and accommodations so you can rest assured that your needs will be met, whilst getting the most out of your experience.
Support - With dedicated in-country teams, you know you will have 24/7 support right there when you need it - guaranteed! From simply questions to hospital trips, we will ensure you are supported throughout your placement.
Communication - We pride ourselves in our reputation as always being available when you need us, dealing with your questions quickly, and being prompt with all communications. We are here to help you help the world!
Value - We strive to make volunteering abroad affordable and accessible to everyone. Our program fees are lower, our registration fees are lower - and we encourage you to compare!
Security - We have placed thousands of international volunteers in meaningful voluntary service projects around the world. We have the experience and the reputation, so you know you are in good hands!
Friendship - One of the benefits of volunteering is that you'll meet new people and develop friendships that will last a lifetime. This is one of the true benefits of volunteering and we encourage you to make the most of the unique opportunity to develop these cross-cultural friendships.
Free time - We realize that everyone needs a break and encourage our volunteers to have a look around where and when possible. All you need to do is let us know what you want to do and we will do our very best to make it happen for you!
For more information, or to join us on this exciting project, visit our website now!
- Setting Description:
- Volunteers on this project are accommodated at one of Buenos Aires top youth hostels, which is perfectly located in a nice area of central Buenos Aires and within a short commute from the project site and the many attractions of this vibrant city. The hostel is well managed and meticulously clean, and Love Volunteers will all be placed together. Volunteers are provided with breakfast every day, and a cooked dinner three nights per week. This is a perfect home away from home and a wonderful base for your stay in BA!
- LV Registration Fee + Programs Fees from just $905 for four weeks! USD. Included: Accommodation, 1-2 Meals per day, Airport Pick-up, Orientation on Arrival and 24/7 In-Country Support. Not Included: Flights, Insurance, VISA, Vaccinations, In-Country Transport, and Spending Money.
Additional Program Information
- Love Volunteers welcomes all who wish to volunteer and give their time and energy to help improve the lives of others in a developing country. Whilst some programs require specific education, qualifications and experience, all applicants must first and foremost have a genuine willingness to help, show drive and initiative, and bring a positive 'can-do' attitude. If this sounds like you, we want you on the team!
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program