- Cape Town, South Africa
- Program Type:
- Volunteer Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Gap Year
- Work Types:
- Children, Economic Development, Education, Social Services
- 1-2 weeks, 3-4 weeks, 1-3 months, 4-6 months, 7-11 months
- Program Description:
The Social Welfare program offers a variety of projects that need help and volunteers can make a positive contribution to Children in Orphanages projects, abused and homeless children projects, and homes for physically and mentally challenged children.
Duties of volunteers vary from feeding and clothing younger kids, to playing and assisting with homework and with those struggling at school. The kids mostly need someone to listen, a helping hand, warm hugs and affection. At the homes for abused women and children the volunteer will assist with day to day activities. These may involve: assisting with cooking, helping out with tidying up, helping with awareness programs, and skills development. Volunteers need to be flexible and willing to help wherever help is needed.
Volunteers must be at least 21 years of age. A love for people and lots of patience are very important. Note that due to the nature of this program, a three week minimum commitment is required.
Age: 21 years +
Minimum stay: 4 Weeks
How to apply: Online Application
Start Dates: Flexible/Open Start Dates
Language: All volunteers must have a good command of the English language. Some understanding of the local dialect would also be beneficial but is not a pre-requisite.
ABOUT LOVE VOLUNTEERS
Become a Love Volunteer in South Africa and get a truly memorable experience whilst helping those in real need. Love Volunteers has provided meaningful volunteering abroad programs to thousands of volunteers seeking safe, responsible and affordable ways to help needy communities!
Here's why more and more people are choosing to become a LOVE VOLUNTEER!
Need - We work directly with local charities on grass-roots community development projects. Our focus is on providing support where it is really needed - not holidays! We keep volunteer numbers at sustainable levels to meet the needs of each project - not to increase revenue!
Impact - By becoming a Love Volunteer you are saying to the world that you are a REAL volunteer and your focus is on supporting people and communities in need. You're not just a tourist and your goals include much more than selfies and hangovers. Your contribution with LV will be real and measurable. You will change lives, and one of them will be your own!
Safety - Your safety is our top priority. We have personally visited and regularly audit all of our projects and accommodations so you can rest assured that your needs will be met, whilst getting the most out of your experience.
Support - With dedicated in-country teams, you know you will have 24/7 support right there when you need it - guaranteed! From simply questions to hospital trips, we will ensure you are supported throughout your placement.
Communication - We pride ourselves in our reputation as always being available when you need us, dealing with your questions quickly, and being prompt with all communications. We are here to help you help the world!
Value - We strive to make volunteering abroad affordable and accessible to everyone. Our program fees are lower, our registration fees are lower - and we encourage you to compare!
Security - We have placed thousands of international volunteers in meaningful voluntary service projects around the world. We have the experience and the reputation, so you know you are in good hands!
Friendship - One of the benefits of volunteering is that you'll meet new people and develop friendships that will last a lifetime. This is one of the true benefits of volunteering and we encourage you to make the most of the unique opportunity to develop these cross-cultural friendships.
Free time - We realize that everyone needs a break and encourage our volunteers to have a look around where and when possible. All you need to do is let us know what you want to do and we will do our very best to make it happen for you!
For more information, or to join us on this exciting project, visit our website now!
- Setting Description:
- Volunteers on this program can choose to be accommodated either at the volunteers house, located in central Cape Town, or with a local host family. At the Volunteer House, breakfast and dinner are provided Monday to Friday only. Volunteers are responsible for their own lunches and meals over weekends as well as their own laundry. Homestay’s are situated nearby the project site and include 3 meals a day. Volunteers are responsible for their own laundry.
- LV Registration Fee + Programs Fees from just $665 for four weeks! USD. Included: Accommodation, 2 Meals per day, Airport Pickup, Orientation on Arrival and 24/7 In-Country Support. Not Included: Flights, Insurance, VISA, Vaccinations, Return Airport Transfer, In-Country Transport, and Spending Money.
Additional Program Information
- Love Volunteers welcomes all who wish to volunteer and give their time and energy to help improve the lives of others in a developing country. Whilst some programs require specific education, qualifications and experience, all applicants must first and foremost have a genuine willingness to help, show drive and initiative, and bring a positive 'can-do' attitude. If this sounds like you, we want you on the team!
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program