- Galle, Sri Lanka; Badulla, Sri Lanka; Wattala, Sri Lanka
- Program Type:
- Volunteer Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Gap Year
- Work Types:
- Children, Education, Social Services
- 1-2 weeks, 3-4 weeks, 1-3 months, 4-6 months, 7-11 months
- Program Description:
Our kindergarten programs allow volunteers a wonderful opportunity to associate with kids from different backgrounds and ethnic communities. Volunteers assist in a wide range of activities during their placement, including: monitoring attendance, teaching the alphabet, numeracy, art and creative activities.
They also help by monitoring hygiene and educating the children about personal hygiene, assisting at meal times, cleaning, playing games and developing the children’s physical health through active movement.
This program is available in three areas, Badulla, Galle and Wattala, and volunteers may choose which location they wish to participate.
Age: 18 years +
Minimum stay: 2 Weeks
How to apply: Online Application
Start Dates: Flexible/Open Start Dates
Language: All volunteers should have a good grasp of the English language. Some knowledge of the local dialect would be beneficial but is not a pre-requisite.
ABOUT LOVE VOLUNTEERS
Thousands of volunteers from all over the world have trusted Love Volunteers to provide meaningful volunteering abroad placements in communities where their help is really needed. Join us on one of our safe, responsible and affordable programs for a truly memorable experience in Sri Lanka!
Here's why more and more people are choosing to become a LOVE VOLUNTEER!
Need - We work directly with local charities on grass-roots community development projects. Our focus is on providing support where it is really needed - not holidays! We keep volunteer numbers at sustainable levels to meet the needs of each project - not to increase revenue!
Impact - By becoming a Love Volunteer you are saying to the world that you are a REAL volunteer and your focus is on supporting people and communities in need. You're not just a tourist and your goals include much more than selfies and hangovers. Your contribution with LV will be real and measurable. You will change lives, and one of them will be your own!
Safety - Your safety is our top priority. We have personally visited and regularly audit all of our projects and accommodations so you can rest assured that your needs will be met, whilst getting the most out of your experience.
Support - With dedicated in-country teams, you know you will have 24/7 support right there when you need it - guaranteed! From simply questions to hospital trips, we will ensure you are supported throughout your placement.
Communication - We pride ourselves in our reputation as always being available when you need us, dealing with your questions quickly, and being prompt with all communications. We are here to help you help the world!
Value - We strive to make volunteering abroad affordable and accessible to everyone. Our program fees are lower, our registration fees are lower - and we encourage you to compare!
Security - We have placed thousands of international volunteers in meaningful voluntary service projects around the world. We have the experience and the reputation, so you know you are in good hands!
Friendship - One of the benefits of volunteering is that you'll meet new people and develop friendships that will last a lifetime. This is one of the true benefits of volunteering and we encourage you to make the most of the unique opportunity to develop these cross-cultural friendships.
Free time - We realize that everyone needs a break and encourage our volunteers to have a look around where and when possible. All you need to do is let us know what you want to do and we will do our very best to make it happen for you!
For more information, or to join us on this exciting project, visit our website now!
- Setting Description:
- As with all of our wonderful projects in Sri Lanka, volunteers are accommodated with one of our friendly local host families, where 2-3 home-cooked meals are provided daily. Volunteers also have the opportunity to meet and socialize with many like-minded people from all over the world, and free time can be used to explore this amazing country!
- LV Registration Fee + Programs Fees from just $200 for one week! USD. Included: Accommodation, 2-3 Meals per day, Airport Pick-up, Orientation on Arrival and 24/7 In-Country Support. Not Included: Flights, Insurance, VISA, Vaccinations, Return Airport Transfer, In-Country Transport, and Spending Money.
Additional Program Information
- Love Volunteers welcomes all who wish to volunteer and give their time and energy to help improve the lives of others in a developing country. Whilst some programs require specific education, qualifications and experience, all applicants must first and foremost have a genuine willingness to help, show drive and initiative, and bring a positive 'can-do' attitude. If this sounds like you, we want you on the team!