- Kumasi, Ghana
- Program Type:
- Volunteer Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Gap Year
- Work Types:
- Children, Education, Health, Social Services
- 1-2 weeks, 3-4 weeks, 1-3 months, 4-6 months, 7-11 months
- Program Description:
Love Volunteers works closely with several hospitals and local clinics in Kumasi City and the Ashanti region. These Medical facilities are desperately underfunded and understaffed and welcome volunteers with wide ranging levels of experience, including qualified medical personnel, medical students and pre-med students.
Medical volunteers on this program will get the opportunity to undertake duties according to their own interests and areas of expertise. Medical students will be allowed to shadow local doctors and nurses, assisting them and learning by observing their work on a daily basis. In addition, there are also volunteer roles available in the field of HIV/Aids awareness and education.
Attendance on a medical volunteer project is itself a helpful preparation for a medical career, and for this reason, provided they are enthusiastic and truly eager to help in the health sector, even individuals without medical experience can be accepted!
Age: 18 years +
Minimum stay: 2 Weeks
How to apply: Online Application
Start Dates: Flexible/Open Start Dates
Language: All volunteers should have a good command of English. Some knowledge of the local dialect will also be beneficial but is not a pre-requisite.
ABOUT LOVE VOLUNTEERS
Love Volunteers provides individuals with the chance to travel abroad and immerse in a new culture, while participating in projects that provide help where it is needed most. Join us for a truly memorable experience volunteering abroad. All volunteer projects are responsible, safe, and affordable!
Here's why more and more people are choosing to become a LOVE VOLUNTEER!
Need - We work directly with local charities on grass-roots community development projects. Our focus is on providing support where it is really needed - not holidays! We keep volunteer numbers at sustainable levels to meet the needs of each project - not to increase revenue!
Impact - By becoming a Love Volunteer you are saying to the world that you are a REAL volunteer and your focus is on supporting people and communities in need. You're not just a tourist and your goals include much more than selfies and hangovers. Your contribution with LV will be real and measurable. You will change lives, and one of them will be your own!
Safety - Your safety is our top priority. We have personally visited and regularly audit all of our projects and accommodations so you can rest assured that your needs will be met, whilst getting the most out of your experience.
Support - With dedicated in-country teams, you know you will have 24/7 support right there when you need it - guaranteed! From simply questions to hospital trips, we will ensure you are supported throughout your placement.
Communication - We pride ourselves in our reputation as always being available when you need us, dealing with your questions quickly, and being prompt with all communications. We are here to help you help the world!
Value - We strive to make volunteering abroad affordable and accessible to everyone. Our program fees are lower, our registration fees are lower - and we encourage you to compare!
Security - We have placed thousands of international volunteers in meaningful voluntary service projects around the world. We have the experience and the reputation, so you know you are in good hands!
Friendship - One of the benefits of volunteering is that you'll meet new people and develop friendships that will last a lifetime. This is one of the true benefits of volunteering and we encourage you to make the most of the unique opportunity to develop these cross-cultural friendships.
Free time - We realize that everyone needs a break and encourage our volunteers to have a look around where and when possible. All you need to do is let us know what you want to do and we will do our very best to make it happen for you!
For more information, or to join us on this exciting project, visit our website now!
- Setting Description:
- As with all of our voluntary service programs in Ghana, volunteers on this program will be accommodated with one of our friendly local host families where they will be provided with two home cooked meals each day, and will be able to immerse themselves in the vibrant culture and cuisine of the Ghanaian people.
- LV Registration Fee + Programs Fees from just $450 for two weeks! USD. Included: Accommodation, 2 Meals per day, Airport Pickup, Orientation on Arrival and 24/7 In-Country Support. Not Included: Flights, Insurance, VISA, Vaccinations, Return Airport Transfer, In-Country Transport, and Spending Money.
Additional Program Information
- Love Volunteers welcomes all who wish to volunteer and give their time and energy to help improve the lives of others in a developing country. Whilst some programs require specific education, qualifications and experience, all applicants must first and foremost have a genuine willingness to help, show drive and initiative, and bring a positive 'can-do' attitude. If this sounds like you, we want you on the team!
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program