- Galle, Sri Lanka; Badulla, Sri Lanka; Wattala, Sri Lanka
- Program Type:
- Volunteer Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Gap Year
- Work Types:
- Arts, Children, Construction, Economic Development, Education, Environment, Health, Social Services, Women's Rights
- 1-2 weeks, 3-4 weeks, 1-3 months, 4-6 months, 7-11 months
- Program Description:
Volunteer in beautiful Sri Lanka with Love Volunteers! We offer a range of amazing programs, with a choice of three distinct locations across this wondrous country. Live and work with the local Tamil tea workers in the tea plantations of Badulla, be inspired by the European influenced architecture, and explore the historic fortified city of Galle, or immerse yourself in the culture and tradition of multi-cultural Wattala.
Whether your passion lies in providing medical assistance to the workers of the picturesque tea plantations, sharing your knowledge of the English language to children of all ages, or showering love and affection on the youngest generation within an orphanage or kindergarten, we have a volunteer program that will be perfect for you. Go somewhere a little less ordinary, join Love Volunteers in Sri Lanka!
Current LV projects in Sri Lanka:
- Teaching and Education Projects
- Disabilities Programs
- Healthcare and Medical Programs
- Childcare Projects
Love Volunteers has been trusted by thousands of volunteers to travel abroad and immerse themselves in new cultures whilst providing help where it is really needed. Our focus is on providing meaningful, life-changing volunteering abroad programs in more than 40 developing countries worldwide. Every year we assist thousands of amazing volunteers from all over the world into short and long term voluntary service positions, and with hundreds of community-based development programs, we will have a program to suit your skills, in a place that will truly WOW you!
Here's why more and more people are choosing to become a LOVE VOLUNTEER!
Need - We work directly with local charities on grass-roots community development projects. Our focus is on providing support where it is really needed - not holidays! We keep volunteer numbers at sustainable levels to meet the needs of each project - not to increase revenue!
Impact - By becoming a Love Volunteer you are saying to the world that you are a REAL volunteer and your focus is on supporting people and communities in need. You're not just a tourist and your goals include much more than selfies and hangovers. Your contribution with LV will be real and measurable. You will change lives, and one of them will be your own!
Safety - Your safety is our top priority. We have personally visited and regularly audit all of our projects and accommodations so you can rest assured that your needs will be met, whilst getting the most out of your experience.
Support - With dedicated in-country teams, you know you will have 24/7 support right there when you need it - guaranteed! From simply questions to hospital trips, we will ensure you are supported throughout your placement.
Communication - We pride ourselves in our reputation as always being available when you need us, dealing with your questions quickly, and being prompt with all communications. We are here to help you help the world!
Value - We strive to make volunteering abroad affordable and accessible to everyone. Our program fees are lower, our registration fees are lower - and we encourage you to compare!
Security - We have placed thousands of international volunteers in meaningful voluntary service projects around the world. We have the experience and the reputation, so you know you are in good hands!
Friendship - One of the benefits of volunteering is that you'll meet new people and develop friendships that will last a lifetime. This is one of the true benefits of volunteering and we encourage you to make the most of the unique opportunity to develop these cross-cultural friendships.
Free time - We realize that everyone needs a break and encourage our volunteers to have a look around where and when possible. All you need to do is let us know what you want to do and we will do our very best to make it happen for you!
Join us on an affordable, safe and responsible voluntary service project in Sri Lanka for a truly memorable experience! Check out our website for more details!
- Setting Description:
- Sri Lanka, a small island nation off the coast of Southern India, is a beautiful country that has yet to be crowded with western tourists. With ancient temples, rain-forests, and beaches, there is never a shortage of things to explore in Sri Lanka, while delicious tropical curries and warm and inviting locals will make you feel right at home.
- LV Registration Fee + Program Fees from just $200! USD. Included: Accommodation, Food, Airport Pickup, Orientation on Arrival and 24/7 In-Country Support. Not Included: Flights, Insurance, VISA, Vaccinations, Return Airport Transfers, In-Country Transport, Spending Money.
Additional Program Information
- Love Volunteers welcome all who wish to volunteer and give their time and energy to help improve the lives of others in a developing country. Whilst some programs require specific education, qualifications and experience, all applicants must first and foremost have a genuine willingness to help, show drive and initiative, and bring a positive 'can-do' attitude. If this sounds like you, we want you on the team!
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program