- Rabat, Morocco
- Program Type:
- Volunteer Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Gap Year
- Work Types:
- Economic Development, Education, Social Services
- 3-4 weeks, 1-3 months, 4-6 months, 7-11 months
- Program Description:
Students with a background in journalism and a good grasp of English are welcome to apply to this program which is designed to give a practical taste of what working within an international agency is all about.
While experiencing a new country and culture, volunteers will have the opportunity to gain first-hand experience and develop useful skills within their field. Internships are available with local agencies as well as some international agencies such as Reuters, Skye News or Morocco World News.
The internship will be arranged based on the students skills and experience and once on-site they will paired with an internship mentor who will monitor their workload and provide on-going support and assistance.
Age: 18 years +
Minimum stay: 2 Weeks
How to apply: Online Application (www.lovevolunteers.org/apply)
Start Dates: Flexible/Open Start Dates. (You choose your own start date!)
Language: All volunteers must have a good command of the English language. Some understanding of French would also be beneficial but is not a pre-requisite.
ABOUT LOVE VOLUNTEERS
Love Volunteers provides individuals with the chance to travel abroad and immerse in a new culture, while participating in projects that provide help where it is needed most. Join us for a truly memorable experience volunteering abroad. All volunteer projects are responsible, safe, and affordable!
Here's why more and more people are choosing to become a LOVE VOLUNTEER!
Need - We work directly with local charities on grass-roots community development projects. Our focus is on providing support where it is really needed - not holidays! We keep volunteer numbers at sustainable levels to meet the needs of each project - not to increase revenue!
Impact - By becoming a Love Volunteer you are saying to the world that you are a REAL volunteer and your focus is on supporting people and communities in need. You're not just a tourist and your goals include much more than selfies and hangovers. Your contribution with LV will be real and measurable. You will change lives, and one of them will be your own!
Safety - Your safety is our top priority. We have personally visited and regularly audit all of our projects and accommodations so you can rest assured that your needs will be met, whilst getting the most out of your experience.
Support - With dedicated in-country teams, you know you will have 24/7 support right there when you need it - guaranteed! From simply questions to hospital trips, we will ensure you are supported throughout your placement.
Communication - We pride ourselves in our reputation as always being available when you need us, dealing with your questions quickly, and being prompt with all communications. We are here to help you help the world!
Value - We strive to make volunteering abroad affordable and accessible to everyone. Our program fees are lower, our registration fees are lower - and we encourage you to compare!
Security - We have placed thousands of international volunteers in meaningful voluntary service projects around the world. We have the experience and the reputation, so you know you are in good hands!
Friendship - One of the benefits of volunteering is that you'll meet new people and develop friendships that will last a lifetime. This is one of the true benefits of volunteering and we encourage you to make the most of the unique opportunity to develop these cross-cultural friendships.
Free time - We realize that everyone needs a break and encourage our volunteers to have a look around where and when possible. All you need to do is let us know what you want to do and we will do our very best to make it happen for you!
For more information, or to join us on this exciting project, visit our website now!
- Setting Description:
- As with all of our exciting program options in Rabat, volunteers will be accommodated with one of our friendly local home-stay families, where they will be provided two home-cooked meals per day. Free time can be used to explore this amazing country!
- LV Registration Fee + Programs Fees from just $1040 for four weeks! USD. Included: Accommodation, 2 Meals per day, Airport Pick-up, Orientation on Arrival and 24/7 In-Country Support. Not Included: Flights, Insurance, VISA, Vaccinations, Return Airport Transfer, In-Country Transport, and Spending Money.
Additional Program Information
- Love Volunteers welcomes all who wish to volunteer and give their time and energy to help improve the lives of others in a developing country. Whilst some programs require specific education, qualifications and experience, all applicants must first and foremost have a genuine willingness to help, show drive and initiative, and bring a positive 'can-do' attitude. If this sounds like you, we want you on the team!