- Cusco, Peru
- Program Type:
- Volunteer Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Gap Year
- Work Types:
- Children, Health, Social Services
- 1-2 weeks, 3-4 weeks, 1-3 months, 4-6 months, 7-11 months
- Program Description:
On this program volunteers will be placed at a home that provides care and treatment for mentally and physically disabled children and adults. There are approximately 20 children living in the home, which is run by sisters, and also employs therapists and caretakers. There is huge demand for volunteers on this program!
While this is a religious environment, volunteers do not have to hold a particular faith, but should be respectful of the local beliefs and practices. Some children attend school in the morning, while the rest remain in the home for therapy, and to receive basic health care.
The home is drastically understaffed so the inclusion of leisure activities and extra attention from volunteers is greatly appreciated by the residents. Volunteers will also help during meal times and assist with cleaning. Volunteers with expertise in physiotherapy, occupational therapy or those with experience working with disabled people are very welcome!
Age: 18 years +
Minimum stay: 2 Weeks
How to apply: Online Application
Start Dates: Flexible/Open Start Dates
Language: Volunteers need to speak Basic to Intermediate Spanish on this program.
ABOUT LOVE VOLUNTEERS
Thousands of volunteers have trusted Love Volunteers with their travel and volunteer aspirations. Love Volunteers provides participants with the chance to experience new cultures while helping those in real need. Join us for a voluntary service project in Peru that is affordable, responsible, and safe!
Here's why more and more people are choosing to become a LOVE VOLUNTEER!
Need - We work directly with local charities on grass-roots community development projects. Our focus is on providing support where it is really needed - not holidays! We keep volunteer numbers at sustainable levels to meet the needs of each project - not to increase revenue!
Impact - By becoming a Love Volunteer you are saying to the world that you are a REAL volunteer and your focus is on supporting people and communities in need. You're not just a tourist and your goals include much more than selfies and hangovers. Your contribution with LV will be real and measurable. You will change lives, and one of them will be your own!
Safety - Your safety is our top priority. We have personally visited and regularly audit all of our projects and accommodations so you can rest assured that your needs will be met, whilst getting the most out of your experience.
Support - With dedicated in-country teams, you know you will have 24/7 support right there when you need it - guaranteed! From simply questions to hospital trips, we will ensure you are supported throughout your placement.
Communication - We pride ourselves in our reputation as always being available when you need us, dealing with your questions quickly, and being prompt with all communications. We are here to help you help the world!
Value - We strive to make volunteering abroad affordable and accessible to everyone. Our program fees are lower, our registration fees are lower - and we encourage you to compare!
Security - We have placed thousands of international volunteers in meaningful voluntary service projects around the world. We have the experience and the reputation, so you know you are in good hands!
Friendship - One of the benefits of volunteering is that you'll meet new people and develop friendships that will last a lifetime. This is one of the true benefits of volunteering and we encourage you to make the most of the unique opportunity to develop these cross-cultural friendships.
Free time - We realize that everyone needs a break and encourage our volunteers to have a look around where and when possible. All you need to do is let us know what you want to do and we will do our very best to make it happen for you!
For more information, or to join us on this exciting project, visit our website now!
- Setting Description:
- As with all of our wonderful projects in Cusco, volunteers are accommodated with one of our friendly local host families, where 2-3 home-cooked meals are provided daily. Volunteers also have the opportunity to meet and socialize with many like-minded people from all over the world, and free time can be used to explore this amazing country, including the infamous Machu Picchu!
- LV Registration Fee + Programs Fees from just $355 for two weeks! USD. Included: Accommodation,2-3 Meals per day, Airport Pickup, Orientation on Arrival and 24/7 In-Country Support. Not Included: Flights, Insurance, VISA, Vaccinations, In-Country Transport, and Spending Money.
Additional Program Information
- Love Volunteers welcomes all who wish to volunteer and give their time and energy to help improve the lives of others in a developing country. Whilst some programs require specific education, qualifications and experience, all applicants must first and foremost have a genuine willingness to help, show drive and initiative, and bring a positive 'can-do' attitude. If this sounds like you, we want you on the team!