- Gold Coast, Australia
- Program Type:
- Volunteer Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Gap Year
- Work Types:
- Animals, Education, Environment, Social Services
- 1-2 weeks, 3-4 weeks, 1-3 months, 4-6 months, 7-11 months
- Program Description:
Love Volunteers works with a Rescue and Rehabilitation Centre that specializes in bats. The center, located in a quiet forest valley in the Gold Coast Hinterland, less than an hour from Brisbane, provides outstanding medical care to all species of sick, injured, and orphaned bats, including flying foxes. The project receives hundreds of flying foxes into care and offers a place of refuge for recovery until they are healthy, strong and confident enough to venture back into the wild.
Although the center specializes in bats, they also operate as a wildlife trauma center that undertakes first response work for any native animal that requires care. Other animals that are rescued and rehabilitated include kangaroos, wallabies, ducks and geese. The project does not discriminate; they will provide a home for all animals who need it.
As it receives no government funding, the rescue center relies on the invaluable contribution of volunteers and donations from the public. Volunteers therefore play a vital role within the project, and have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in wildlife rescue and care. The project welcomes researchers, vet and work experience students so that they may utilize the facilities to fulfil course requirements and further their wildlife studies.
Age: 18 years +
Minimum stay: 1 Week
How to apply: Online Application (www.lovevolunteers.org/apply)
Start Dates: Flexible/Open Start Dates. (You choose your own start date!)
Language: All volunteers must have a good command of the English language.
ABOUT LOVE VOLUNTEERS
Love Volunteers provides individuals with the chance to travel abroad and immerse in a new culture, while participating in projects that provide help where it is needed most. Join us for a truly memorable experience volunteering abroad. All volunteer projects are responsible, safe, and affordable!
Here's why more and more people are choosing to become a LOVE VOLUNTEER!
Need - We work directly with local charities on grass-roots community development projects. Our focus is on providing support where it is really needed - not holidays! We keep volunteer numbers at sustainable levels to meet the needs of each project - not to increase revenue!
Impact - By becoming a Love Volunteer you are saying to the world that you are a REAL volunteer and your focus is on supporting people and communities in need. You're not just a tourist and your goals include much more than selfies and hangovers. Your contribution with LV will be real and measurable. You will change lives, and one of them will be your own!
Safety - Your safety is our top priority. We have personally visited and regularly audit all of our projects and accommodations so you can rest assured that your needs will be met, whilst getting the most out of your experience.
Support - With dedicated in-country teams, you know you will have 24/7 support right there when you need it - guaranteed! From simply questions to hospital trips, we will ensure you are supported throughout your placement.
Communication - We pride ourselves in our reputation as always being available when you need us, dealing with your questions quickly, and being prompt with all communications. We are here to help you help the world!
Value - We strive to make volunteering abroad affordable and accessible to everyone. Our program fees are lower, our registration fees are lower - and we encourage you to compare!
Security - We have placed thousands of international volunteers in meaningful voluntary service projects around the world. We have the experience and the reputation, so you know you are in good hands!
Friendship - One of the benefits of volunteering is that you'll meet new people and develop friendships that will last a lifetime. This is one of the true benefits of volunteering and we encourage you to make the most of the unique opportunity to develop these cross-cultural friendships.
Free time - We realize that everyone needs a break and encourage our volunteers to have a look around where and when possible. All you need to do is let us know what you want to do and we will do our very best to make it happen for you!
For more information, or to join us on this exciting project, visit our website now!
- Setting Description:
- Volunteers on this amazing project are accommodated in comfortable cabins, separated by gender, onsite at the Rescue and Rehabilitation Center. Bathrooms and hot showers are available in each cabin, and there is a communal area where volunteers can get together and socialize, or catch up on social media and emails. Three meals are provided each day, plus morning tea, afternoon tea, drinking water, tea, coffee and sugar. There are also vegetarian and vegan options available. Easy!
- LV Registration Fee + Programs Fees from just $400 for one week! USD. Included: Accommodation, 3 Meals per day, Pick-up from the Nearest Town, Orientation on Arrival and 24/7 In-Country Support. Not Included: Flights, Insurance, VISA, Vaccinations, Return Airport Transfer, In-Country Transport, and Spending Money.
Additional Program Information
- Love Volunteers welcomes all who wish to volunteer and give their time and energy to help improve the lives of others in a developing country. Whilst some programs require specific education, qualifications and experience, all applicants must first and foremost have a genuine willingness to help, show drive and initiative, and bring a positive 'can-do' attitude. If this sounds like you, we want you on the team!
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program