- Beijing, China
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- High School
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Rolling Starts, Spring Break, Spring Semester, Summer, Winter Semester, Year Round
- Program Description:
- Programs we offer to high school students are:
High School Small Class Program
One-on-One personally designed independent study
Intensive Chinese Immersion Program at Beijing Language and Culture University
Our high school program is designed for students aged 14 to 18 to learn Chinese while participating in a homestay. Students will study Chinese in quality language programs catered to teenage learners, and at the same time, they will stay with a Chinese family with a resident teenager. These families are specially selected for hosting teenagers. In the families, students will be taken good care of and experience full immersion in the language and culture. Our program features a variety of activities, including cultural activities, volunteer events and weekend excursions provided by Lotus and host families.
Our program fee includes:
- Registration and all paper work before and after you arrive in China
- Tuition fee and textbooks
- Homestay in a family with teenager of similar age - the homestay includes a private bedroom, daily breakfast & dinner, computer and DSL service.
- Welcome dinner prepared by the host family
- Cultural activities, volunteer events and weekend excursions in Beijing including lunch, transportation and admission fees.
- Airport pick-up and drop-off
- Orientation Package, which includes: Chinese-English-Chinese dictionary, map of Beijing, phone card of 100RMB and a mobile SIM card, etc.
- 24 hours assistance and supervision, provided by our on-site staff.
- Setting Description:
- Staying with a local family is one of the best ways to learn to speak Chinese quickly and effectively and have close contact with the Chinese culture. As a fully integrated family member, student will eat, watch TV, shop, and experience daily life with "mom, dad and brother or sister." Meanwhile, students won't have to give up their privacy as they will have their own space -- a private bedroom. All students are placed with families, from a pool of over 2,000 candidates, who will foster their language learning and are eager to help with homework as well as ensuring that daily needs are met. Besides eating meals together, students participate in all of the family's regular activities. To ensure a safe and positive experience, before allowing a family to host foreigners, Lotus conducts thorough interviews and a security check. Our Beijing staff is also available at all times if any concerns or issues arise.
Based on 1 Reviews
- Excellent Teen Chinese Program07/25/13
I am an American (US) mom living in Europe and found it very very hard to find an appropriate program for my 16-year old teen in Beijing (there are none organised from Spain where we live). The Lotus Small Group High School program combines living with
a family with a similar (not always same) aged teen with small group classes and cultural activities. The program is small with a family feel and lots of attention from staff. Progam director always answered immediately all emails and questions. Please contact Lotus for my email if you would like further information from me regarding my son's experience.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend