- Tuscania, Italy
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester, Summer
- Program Description:
***EXTENDED FALL 2021 DEADLINE - Now apply by July 23rd to attend LdM this fall!***
LdM Tuscania stands in a historic hill town in the region of Latium. Located in central Italy, south of Florence and not far north of Rome, Tuscania is close to the border with Tuscany, in the breathtaking landscape of the southern Maremma, land of golden fields and vast plantings of olive trees. The town has a lot to offer in terms of historical, cultural and artistic heritage, as well as from a naturalistic point of view; Tuscania is strategically positioned for visits to the beach, to volcanic lakes and hot springs, and to the nearby towns of Viterbo and Tarquinia. The countryside around Tuscania forms part of a nationally protected nature reserve, with an ancient Etruscan site just outside the town: one of the richest deposits of archaeological remains in the world. Areas of study include:
- The School of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences: Ancient Studies, Anthropology, Communications, History, International Business, Literature, Philosophy, Psychology, Religious Studies, Sociology, and Writing
- The School of Agriculture: Agricultural Studies and Technology
- The School of Creative Arts: Performing Arts, Media Arts and Studies, Painting, Drawing and Mixed Media, and Photography
- The School of Italian Language and Culture: Italian Language, Italian Language and Culture
- The School of Nutrition, Italian Gastronomy and Culture: Italian Gastronomy and Culture, Nutrition
Established in 1973, LdM is one of the largest and leading international schools, with centers in Florence, Rome and Tuscania. The LdM Tuscania premises are situated in the old town center, in a building incorporated into the medieval stone walls. The building was specially remodeled in order to provide modern, light-filled studios and classrooms as well as reading rooms, an exhibition space, a library, and a computer room. The facilities include a courtyard and a fully equipped teaching kitchen for classes in Mediterranean cuisine. The LdM program at Tuscania is based on a full immersion concept that differs in emphasis from the Florence or Rome centers. Thanks to the size of the town and its geographic location, students live and study in a fully Italian environment.
- Setting Description:
- LdM Tuscania is located in the breathtaking countryside of the Maremma, south of Florence and not far from Rome. The campus is situated in an elegantly modern structure within the old town center. Facilities include a courtyard and fully equipped teaching kitchen.
- Please refer to the LdM website for the most updated program costs.