- London, United Kingdom
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester, Summer
- Work Types:
- Arts & Architecture, Business, Computer Science, Journalism, Medical, Sciences & Environment, Social Sciences
- Program Description:
- You have a once in a lifetime opportunity to complete a credit-earning internship alongside your studies at London South Bank University.
You can take 3 modules, and intern for up to 20 hours a week at a local business that best suits your requirements.
We offer internship placements for nearly any major, and all across London! If you are interested in gaining international work experience which can give your resume the edge, all whilst living and studying in Central London then this is the programme for you.
LSBU's internships are accompanied by a specific module - the London Placement Class. This module consolidates the learning that you are gaining form your internship to make the internship credit-earning. Alongside this, you will take a Study Abroad specific modules - London: City of Change, or Made in London. These modules use the city of London as a teaching tool. You will go on various trips across the city to bring your learning to life. The modules cover London's cultural heritage, and explore London as a Fashion Capital of the world. You will then be able to build the rest of your timetable from modules across the university! We have hundreds of modules for you to choose from, so you're sure to find something that suits your needs.
LSBU's Study Abroad programme will add value to your degree, and your employability potential upon graduating. Furthermore, our internship offers you the chance to gain valuable global experience in the world of work before you graduate. You'll become a member of our Students' Union - which will give you access to over 50 sports clubs and societies. You'll also receive entry fees to all of the trips associated Study Abroad modules, and have access to free and discounted social programmes.
- Setting Description:
- The university is located in Elephant and Castle - which is just a ten minute walk from the River Thames, and with that so many of London's greatest landmarks. You will be able to spend your evenings enjoying the South Bank, which is one of London's most intriguing cultural hubs. From here you'll be able to see the iconic sights of the London Eye, Palace of Westminster (and Big Ben!), many of London's world-famous bridges, and so much more. You'll then be able to return to your own bedroom within our university accommodation - which is just a 5 minute walk from campus. Our amazing location will put you in the best place to gain unique and fantastic experiences across London, the UK, and Europe.
- Our programme fees for 2015-6 are: Tuition fees (undergraduate) - £4,900 Single occupancy, en-suite accommodation - £2,850 Total - £7,750
Based on 9 Reviews
- As cliché as it sounds, studying abroad is the adventure of a lifetime.01/02/16
The best thing has been my classes. The teachers are hands on and willing to go the extra mile for students. A highlight has been the trips in my study abroad class - London: City of Change. My favourite part has been my friends that I have made. I know
that these people made the experience that much more enjoyable. Studying abroad in London is the iving on the cake beucase you're surrounded art, music, and culture everywhere you go.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
- My advice is do it!12/31/15
"The best thing is definitely the people I've met - both other Study Abroad kids and LSBU students from the UK. I've met a diverse group of friends who have truly enrichde my experience. Plus, my professors were all super knowledgeable, especially my
art/photography professors. They really streched my creativity to its fullest, and helped me to see London as an artist. This experience has changed me in so many powerful, postive ways. I feel like I can conquer the world. London has become such an important place to me, and LSBU is of the best parts of the city - a school full of interesting, bright students who want to welcome the Study Abroaders with open arms. "read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
- Going home was bittersweet!05/16/15Coming to London and LSBU has been one of the most challenging but rewarding experiences in my life. The LSBU staff have been so nice and helpful with adjusting to life here. Going home was bittersweet with leaving behind the wonderful people.Bottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
- Incredible05/01/15London is the city I have been searching for. The people, culture and atmosphere is spot on. I can’t wait to call this my home one day. It has shaped me into a more open, loving and accepting person.Bottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
- Amazing!04/30/15London has probably been the best thing that could have happened for me. Such amazing people and LSBU was always there for help and supportive. I can’t wait to call this place home one day.Bottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
- London!04/30/15I love studying abroad in London so much because it is a great city full of things to do and is a nice change of pace from going to college in the states. I would recommend LSBU to any of my friendsBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
- Studying at LSBU changed my life forever01/31/15
When I was first thinking about studying abroad all people kept telling me was, "It'll be the best experience of your life" and "You'll come back a different person." Truthfully, I had no idea how right those people were until I studied at LSBU. Deciding
to study at LSBU was one of the best decisions I have ever made. They made the transition of living in a different country on my own so much easier than I ever imagined it would be. Studying at LSBU changed my life forever; it opened my eyes to so many different adventures and opportunities. LSBU helped me make lifelong friendships and gave me memories that I will cherish forever. Studying at LSBU helped me find myself and grow into the person that I always wanted to be. Deciding to do my term abroad at London South Bank University changed my life in ways that I did not even know were possible, and for that this university will always be special to me.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
- Studying abroad in London is wonderful!12/31/14
The city has so much to offer, and I feel that in my one term I’m only getting a taste. There are many layers, and there never has to be a dull moment. The mix between the international and what can be thought of as classic London leads to things to
do for everyone, whether you want to be a tourist that day or a Londoner. The location of LSBU opens up the city further, situated close to public transport that can get you anywhere in the city, as well as offering a view into a unique side of London. It forces you to live in London, and not just visit. While it may be a cliché, I feel as though I’ve grown here and learned a lot about myself. A city of this size, with so many varied people, really allows you to get lost and discover. You can easily blend in, and also easily stand out. Going abroad makes me feel as though I can live anywhere, go anywhere, and make my way through it, especially after navigating such a complex city. It’s a time to try new things, to learn about yourself and a new culture, and London makes that feel naturalread moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
- I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else.12/31/14I love studying in London. The city is full of things to do. The city is full of adventures and there is always something new to try and discoverBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend