- Cusco, Peru; Urubamba, Peru
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, MayMester Intersession, Rolling Starts, Spring Break, Spring Semester, Summer, Winter Semester, Year Round
- Work Types:
- Animal Sciences, Arts & Architecture, Business, Computer Science, Education, Engineering, Fashion, Hospitality, Journalism, Law, Medical, Nursing, Psychology, Religion, Sciences & Environment, Social Sciences
- Program Description:
We offer customized internships for a variety of majors in the beautiful Sacred Valley of the Incas, between Cusco and Machu Picchu. Participants will have the unique opportunity to gain valuable international experience while improving their Spanish and making a positive impact for local Peruvians.
Based on your specific learning objectives, your university’s requirements, and our partner organization's overall goals, we will design a customized internship for you. There are a variety of internships available, suitable for almost any major. Please visit our website for more details. Live in the Sacred Valley of the Incas, Explore Incan Ruins, Visit Machu Picchu & Cusco, Immerse yourself in the local language and culture.
Internships open to all majors * Visit Machu Picchu * Live in the Sacred Valley of the Incas * Gain valuable international work experience * Improve your Spanish * Immerse yourself in the Peruvian & Andean Cultures * Contribute to environmentally & socially responsible causes * Enhance your resume
- Setting Description:
- The program is located in Urubamba between Cusco and Machu Picchu in the beautiful Sacred Valley of the Incas. Participants live in Urubamba and have the opportunity to visit Cusco, Machu Picchu, Andean Communities and other towns within the Sacred Valley. This is a great location for those interested in hiking, outdoors activities, archeological sites, and Latin American culture.
- $2,475 USD. $2,475+ Please visit our website for pricing according to dates and duration.
Additional Program Information
Based on 2 Reviews
- Great Program08/13/17I really enjoyed my 5 weeks in Urubamba. From the hiking in the gorgeous sacred valley to all the fun cultural activities. Nicole Berry does an amazing job with this program.Bottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
- Natural Medicine Internship in Peru04/08/17
This internship opportunity provided me with the opportunity to improve my Spanish speaking skills and I was able to learn natural Andean Medicine techniques in a small town in the Sacred Valley of Peru. I had hands on experience treating patients using
the techniques I learned from the physician. It's very humbling to know I was able to make a positive impact for local Peruvians. The accommodations were very comfortable; we stayed an hour drive away from Cusco, had ample opportunity to visit local archaeological sites, and were completely immersed in Peruvian culture. This was by far one of the best experiences of my life.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend