- Cusco, Peru; Urubamba, Peru
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, MayMester Intersession, Rolling Starts, Spring Break, Spring Semester, Summer, Winter Semester, Year Round
- Work Types:
- Animal Sciences, Arts & Architecture, Business, Computer Science, Education, Engineering, Fashion, Hospitality, Journalism, Law, Medical, Nursing, Psychology, Religion, Sciences & Environment, Social Sciences
- Program Description:
We offer customized internships for a variety of majors in the beautiful Sacred Valley of the Incas, between Cusco and Machu Picchu. Participants will have the unique opportunity to gain valuable international experience while improving their Spanish and making a positive impact for local Peruvians.
Based on your specific learning objectives, your university’s requirements, and our partner organization's overall goals, we will design a customized internship for you. There are a variety of internships available, suitable for almost any major. Please visit our website for more details. Live in the Sacred Valley of the Incas, Explore Incan Ruins, Visit Machu Picchu & Cusco, Immerse yourself in the local language and culture.
Internships open to all majors * Visit Machu Picchu * Live in the Sacred Valley of the Incas * Gain valuable international work experience * Improve your Spanish * Immerse yourself in the Peruvian & Andean Cultures * Contribute to environmentally & socially responsible causes * Enhance your resume
- Setting Description:
- The program is located in Urubamba between Cusco and Machu Picchu in the beautiful Sacred Valley of the Incas. Participants live in Urubamba and have the opportunity to visit Cusco, Machu Picchu, Andean Communities and other towns within the Sacred Valley. This is a great location for those interested in hiking, outdoors activities, archeological sites, and Latin American culture.
- $2,475 USD. $2,475+ Please visit our website for pricing according to dates and duration.
Additional Program Information
Based on 7 Reviews
- Mythical01/24/19Peru was an inexplicably mythical adventure. Nicole made sure that we had fun and gained the experience we need at the same time.Bottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
- Educational, Eye opening experience!04/08/18
Truly see the difference between western modern medicine and South American healing culture–and how natural medicine really works! So eye opening, and beyond educational! The program works out greatly with Nicole's dedication and compassion! So grateful
to experience such a beautiful, rich culture!read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
- Internship in Peru03/12/18
This internship was by far the best experience I have had in my life. I got to fully immerse myself into the culture, practice my Spanish, and get hands on experience in my career! I would strongly recommend this program to anyone in any field. The program
director is amazing and works very hard to make sure that you are healthy, happy, and that your internship placement is right for you. If you're planning on studying abroad, do this program!read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
- Push your Boundaries!02/09/18
If you are working towards enriching your education background while being immersed in a foreign environment, Linguistic Horizons very much rewards that. During my 3-week internship in Peru, I gathered life-long experiences that I would not achieve elsewhere.
Nicole, the program leader, was extremely hospitable and very professional. She pushed me to go far beyond my comfort zone, which paved the way for a fantastic journey. I personally got to know the local population, while trying new foods and exploring areas off the beaten path. Furthermore, I also learned quite a bit on subjects unrelated to my internship which will be helpful in my journey ahead. The program and experience was indeed a trip of a lifetime, and it will forever change me as a person. The hardest part was leaving this incredible place, as three weeks was just not enough time!read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
- An Excellent Experience11/03/17
To begin, the founder and director of the program, Nicole Berry is absolutely excellent! She is always available to contact through email or phone about any questions or concerns you might have, as well as providing a pre- departure orientation so that
you are able to speak to others attending the program, and to prepare you for what can be expected as far as what to bring, what you can expect, as well what is expected of you. As for the program, my focus is in education so I was placed with an organization called Semillas de Jesus. This organization served as a dormitory for indigenous children who were living outside of the main town of Urubama but studied there during the week. The kids would arrive on Monday mornings, live in the dormitories during the week to attend school, then return to their respective outlying towns on Fridays. This was an amazing placement and experience for me because not only did I get to interact with the kids in both Spanish and English, I was able to do community visits with the organizers of the organization to visit the homes and families of the children I was teaching. I was able to create close relationships with the children and it was extremely difficult to leave. It was not only an educational experience but an opportunity for personal growth as well. It was an amazing experience and I am very thankful that I was chosen to participate.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
- Great Program08/13/17I really enjoyed my 5 weeks in Urubamba. From the hiking in the gorgeous sacred valley to all the fun cultural activities. Nicole Berry does an amazing job with this program.Bottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
- Natural Medicine Internship in Peru04/08/17
This internship opportunity provided me with the opportunity to improve my Spanish speaking skills and I was able to learn natural Andean Medicine techniques in a small town in the Sacred Valley of Peru. I had hands on experience treating patients using
the techniques I learned from the physician. It's very humbling to know I was able to make a positive impact for local Peruvians. The accommodations were very comfortable; we stayed an hour drive away from Cusco, had ample opportunity to visit local archaeological sites, and were completely immersed in Peruvian culture. This was by far one of the best experiences of my life.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend