Through the use of interactive activities, such as role playing, student presentations, and daily discussions, students will gain the confidence they need to approach their American and international peers in their daily interactions. Students spend appro
- Boston, United States; Groton, United States
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
- Lawrence Academy offers 2, 4, or 6-week programs that provide students, ages 13–18, with an immersion experience into English language and American culture. Our program gives international students the opportunity to practice and improve their English skills in speaking, listening, reading, and writing while gaining knowledge of American culture and history. The program is designed for boys and girls to come to Lawrence Academy from outside of the United States and to live on campus with international and American students. All of our programs allow students to interact with American students and to participate in activities of their choice. Students are paired with American students whenever possible. The program is divided into classroom instruction, off-campus cultural activities, on campus sports/arts/specialty instruction, and evening enrichment activities, optional TOEFL/SSAT preparation, and weekend excursions.
Through the use of interactive activities, such as role playing, student presentations, and daily discussions, students will gain the confidence they need to approach their American and international peers in their daily interactions. Students spend approximately 3 hours per day (15 hours per week) in classroom instruction. On and off campus activities enable students to have continuous opportunities to practice their language skills. For On-campus days: students can choose the activities in which they will participate with American and International students. The activities will provide students with an opportunity to improve their communications skills while enjoying social time with American students. The programs offered change weekly, allowing student to try many different activities. Weekend activities allow the students to travel throughout the New England area to explore American historical, cultural, and recreational sites. Each weekend provides a mix of these types of trips to ensure that students find their visits enjoyable, as well as educational.
- Setting Description:
- Lawrence Academy is an elite private boarding high school conveniently located 30 miles north of Boston, Massachusetts. Its 100-acre campus includes state of the art academic, dormitory, and athletic facilities. Dormitories at Lawrence Academy are converted colonial style homes that sleep 2,3, or 4 students per room. Dormitories are single sex and roommates are assigned by Lawrence Academy. Every effort is made to mix students by native language to ensure maximum opportunities to speak English.
- The program begins July 5, 2015 and ends August 15, 2015. The all-inclusive fees cover the following: Tuition and all costs associated with afternoon activities, classroom language instruction, evening enrichment activities, weekend activities, supervision, emergency medical insurance. All meals and housing, housing supervision,and linens. Wireless Internet on Campus All school supplies. Transportation to and from Lawrence Academy and Logan International Airport, Boston, Massachusetts. 2-we
Based on 1 Reviews
- This is an amazing program!03/18/14I improved my English, met new friends, and saw the sites of Boston.Bottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend