- Fukuoka, Japan
- Program Type:
- Intensive Language
- Degree Level:
- 1-2 weeks, 3-4 weeks, 1-3 months, 4-6 months, 1 year
- Program Description:
- Our school is located in Tenjin in downtown Fukuoka City. This area is known for its major shopping area. With numerous shops, cafes, department stores including Iwataya, Daimaru, Matsutya Ladies and Mitsukoshi and is close to all other facilitates.
Tenjin Bus and train stations are only 5 minutes walk away and offers public transport to almost anywhere in the city.
Our school is located in a modern and large brownstone building. It is a small school offering a very personal, friendly and comfortable environment with with 3 classrooms, of which one functions as a traditional Japanese room.
However the school offers state-of-the-art audio-visual equipment including: big screen video projector, DVD/video, wireless Internet access, laptop computers, tape/CD players and computers are available for independent study and homework assignments.
Students are welcome to bring their own laptops and use our free Internet access, plus coffee, tea and chai are provided free of charge during the day in our small kitchen area
Standard: 4 lessons daily (20 lessons per week) or Intensive: 5 lessons daily (25 lessons per week)
Program as chosen * Use of teaching materials and instructional documents. * Placement test on the first Monday at beginning of course. * Accommodation in host family or apartment, private room * Maximum class size: 7 students. * Language proficiency certificate at end of program upon request
- Setting Description:
- All of our teachers are fully qualified and licensed by the Japanese Ministry of Education to teach Japanese as a foreign language. Our programs cater for all language levels from absolute beginners to the more advanced, are very flexible to suit your requirements and courses start most Mondays. Max 7 students per class, average 4 with the opportunity for private lessons. Lessons are usually held 9:30am - 2:30pm, Monday to Friday. Accommodation options: Host Family (private room) with 2 meals daily or Apartment (private room)
- 1 Week Standard Course: $345 USD 2 Weeks Standard Course: $691 USD 3 Weeks Standard Course: $1036 USD
Additional Program Information
Based on 1 Reviews
- Study Abroad in Fukuoka, Japan07/08/12
I spent a total of two months with a Host Family in Fukuoka. Pricing was more than convenient. Class sizes are generally small, and very, VERY interactive. The teachers mainly speak in Japanese, but will use English when a student does not understand
a concept. I took a beginners class, as I was new at the time to the language. Classes go at a moderate pace, & the teaching method made it fairly easy to remember. The school is right next to a grocery store, a couple blocks from the subway, & conveniently not far from downtown. Classmates who were there longer than I was showed me around the city as well as take me out to the clubs, eatery, & karaoke! The populace is AMAZINGLY friendly, and the weather/sights were definitely fantastic. It was not too difficult to get a summer job teaching English, as well as getting paid to do some 'volunteer' sit-downs & presentations about my own life back in the U.S. with Japanese college students. I never wanted to leave the country.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend