- Kyoto, Japan
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Fall Semester, MayMester Intersession, Spring Break, Spring Semester, Summer, Winter Semester
- Program Description:
Kyoto JaLS’ Seasonal Courses take our standard 15 Japanese lessons per week and add 2 traditional culture experiences per week for six weeks. Our students have the chance to experience Japanese culture in a variety of ways, such as trying on kimono, making sushi, and tea ceremonies. Japanese volunteers participate in many of these events, giving students the opportunity to improve their Japanese outside of the classroom and to make friends while experiencing Japan from the inside, not just as a tourist.
Students also have the opportunity to attend our 3 weekly optional activities and enjoy all that Kyoto has to offer, such as traditional festivals in the summer, or Hanami (flower viewing) party in the spring! Join us any time of the year and enjoy learning Japanese in the beautiful city of Kyoto!
Seasonal Courses offered in the following timeframes:
Autumn Course: September - December
Winter Course: January - February
Spring Course: April - May
Summer Course: June - August
Small Classes - there are a maximum of 8 students per class, which guarantees the best quality, lots of personal attention, and many chances to practice speaking Japanese.
Competitive Prices - courses start at 23,500 JPY per week, which makes us one of the cheapest language schools in Japan, while still maintaining a high standard of teaching.
Flexibility - students can join our course every Monday, and after arriving at the school there are plenty of opportunities to add courses or join activities.
Local Volunteers - with our homey atmosphere, we invite many Japanese volunteers to join our activities so our students can make friends with locals and practice their Japanese outside of the class.
Amazing Location - Kyoto is famous for its four seasons, beautiful nature, and temples. Enjoy and experience Kyoto's vibrant and traditional culture.
- Setting Description:
- Kyoto is a vibrant city with much to offer, but in just a few minutes drive, you can be out of the city and enjoy beautiful, natural scenery. In Kyoto, the food is great, the people are kind, and the nature is beautiful. To help you enjoy all aspects of Kyoto, Kyoto Japanese Language School provides you with many after school and weekend activities.
- 32,700 yen/week (** We offer 10% OFF starting from the 5th week of your stay. Please visit the school website or contact us for details.**)
Additional Program Information
- 14 Minimum Age Limit
Based on 4 Reviews
- Summer Program :)06/24/19
Coming to JaLS was a great decision, the environment here is amazing! I'm surprised how quickly I made friends here, all the staff and students are really friendly. I never expected to make so many friends from around the world. I've gone from not speaking
much Japanese at all to having some jokes in Japanese with my friends here. If you're considering studying in Japan I would definitely recommend JaLS. I would love to come back sometimeread moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
- A great way to learn japanese09/28/18
I've spent 5 weeks at the JALS school in Kyoto. It's very personal and the staff is very friendly and always concerned about your wishes and they are very uncomplicated. The location is very new and clean. The teachers were absolutely lovely and took
there time to explain the theorie and practice it. The Book at first was intimidating, because it was all in japanese, but you get used to it and maybe thats not even a bad thing, thats the way you learn it. I am currently using this book to continue to study japanese. The school is very active in organising activities for everybody, and you can feel they are doing it with all there love and energy. There are only positive vibes at the school. They organise things such as making chopsticks, going to festivals, converstion afternoons and other japanese activities.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
- Great Opportunity08/23/18This program is a great way to learn Japanese. The staff was really helpful and the teachers were also pretty good.Bottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
- The summer school in Kyoto Japanese Language School04/19/18I really enjoyed the study in this school and they prepare many local activities for us to enjoy the tradition and culture of Japan !! The best place ever.Bottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend