The program trains engineers in the field of mechanical engineering in the design, manufacturing and application of tools and systems for the benefit of society: machine tools, robotics, ground and air transportation, automated systems, thermal machines a
- Leuven, Belgium
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year
- Program Description:
- Based on the fundamental mechanical sciences (kinematics and dynamics, vibration theory, production techniques, thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, strength of materials, electrical engineering, machine elements, mechanical design techniques...), the student obtains at the end of study:
- A thorough knowledge in control theory, measurement techniques, numerical simulation techniques, mechanical drive systems, continuum mechanics and the standards and regulations related to engineering;
- In-depth skills on mechanical design and research;
- A broad analytical, problem-synthetic thinking;
- Scientific training in order to participate within research projects and activities;
- Leadership and management skills using knowledge, social skills and understanding of the ethical, social and economic framework;
- The ability to acquire and create new insights, methodologies and results within his/her discipline and to apply this in research as well as in business context;
- The skill to critically follow the social role of the engineer.
The program trains engineers in the field of mechanical engineering in the design, manufacturing and application of tools and systems for the benefit of society: machine tools, robotics, ground and air transportation, automated systems, thermal machines and mechanical systems.
- Setting Description:
- Situated in the heart of Western Europe, KU Leuven (University of Leuven) has been a centre of learning for nearly six centuries. Today, it is Belgium's largest and highest-ranked university and, founded in 1425, one of the oldest and most renowned universities in Europe. As a leading European research university and co-founder of the League of European Research Universities (LERU), KU Leuven offers a wide variety of programmes in English, all supported by high-quality, innovative, interdisciplinary research. KU Leuven is home to a vibrant community of international scholars spread out over its various campuses. 14% of the university’s 54,000 students are international representing 140 countries. KU Leuven's three doctoral schools provide internationally oriented PhD tracks for more than 4,000 doctoral students. Boasting an outstanding central location, KU Leuven offers a truly international experience, high-quality education, world-class research and cutting-edge innovation.
- 6000 EUR (An increased fee is not applicable for students who come from countries belonging to the European Economic Area (EEA))
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program