Examine history and explore theory with expert instruction in materials and media, all guided by our own practicing artists.
- Grand Rapids, United States
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- Fine Art
- Program Description:
- Are you hungry for more learning, more exposure, more inspiration? Maybe you're working, but wishing you were a working artist. Will an MFA help you find a vision that’s truly your own? Or make you more fluent in your style? Will it help you make a practical application of your art? Well, that’s our goal. Our program is formed around the idea that the right balance of studio activity, theoretical knowledge, industry familiarity, and art history awareness will prepare artists to succeed in the professional world. This combination produces critical thinkers and technical masters in four concentrations: drawing, painting, photography, and printmaking. Integrate classical art practices with new technology. Grasp the philosophical foundation of the arts and the issues in art history. Be prepared to teach.
Additional Program Information
- As part of Ferris State University, Kendall is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (HLC). Kendall is also an accredited institutional member of the National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD).
- International Requirements:
- • $30.00 (non-refundable) application processing fee, made payable to Kendall College of Art and Design of Ferris State University. Checks drawn on foreign banks must carry the notation: “Payable in United States funds plus service charges.” This application fee is required to issue the I-20 and acceptance letter. • Letter or statement from a bank on official letterhead documenting your source of support for at least one year of study, and a personal sponsor letter stating your sponsor’s responsibility for supporting you. • Current official TOEFL score. • For the remaining application requirements, please visit our website.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program