The Johns Hopkins MS in Research Administration is designed to benefit research practitioners, including those currently working
- Baltimore, United States
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- Education Leadership & Administration
- Program Description:
The Johns Hopkins MS in Research Administration is designed to benefit research practitioners, including those currently working in higher education, government agencies, and independent foundations, as well as those who seek to begin a career in research administration. Students will examine how the research enterprise is organized and led across the US, and internationally. Both the nonprofit and for-profit sectors will be examined to highlight any similarities and/or differences. Students will also learn about the management of sponsored research programs in areas related to finance, information technology, and legal, ethical, regulatory, and compliance considerations. Founded in 1876, Johns Hopkins University, a top tier research university with campus locations in Maryland and Washington, DC, has been dedicated to educating its students and cultivating their capacity for life-long learning, to foster independent and original research, and to bring the benefits of discovery to the world. Through the Krieger School of Arts and Sciences, The Advanced Academic Programs offers various online learning opportunities, showcasing both graduate certificates and graduate degree programs, spanning various industries with the goal of providing a world-class Johns Hopkins education in a part-time format.
- Flexibility - Online students don’t commute to a physical classroom. Instead, they work inside a course management system to complete assignments and interact with instructors and classmates. There are due dates for course work, but students can log in to the course management system at their convenience.
- Excellent Instructors - All AAP courses are taught by highly-accomplished instructors, known for the scholarship and practice of their disciplines. Online courses allow AAP to expand our faculty pool beyond the DC/Baltimore area, offering students the chance to work with excellent instructors from all over the country and the world.
- High levels of interaction - Online students communicate with their instructors and classmates through discussion boards, group assignments, and the occasional live online event. Students often say the online environment allows them to learn as much from their classmates as they do from their instructors and assignments.
Additional Program Information
- All programs are accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Financial Aid:
- -Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited US college or university. (Applicants who received their bachelor's degree in a country outside of the United States are required to provide a course-by-course credential evaluation and TOEFL scores if English is not their first language.) -A minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in the latter half of undergraduate studies. -Completed Application -Resume -Statement of Purpose -Two Letters of Recommendation -Writing Sample -Official Transcripts
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program