- Bremen, Germany
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- Environmental Science
- Program Description:
The Earth and Environmental Sciences (EES) program is an interdisciplinary science major which provides a holistic understanding of the natural functioning of planet Earth and the consequences of human impact. EES prepares students for topical challenges and research questions such as the management and sustainable exploration of natural resources (including freshwater) and the study of the Earth’s climate and oceans. Participation in excursions and laboratory work as well as teamwork in multidisciplinary and multicultural groups are an important part of the studies. Students may participate in ongoing research projects as early as the second semester.
The Jacobs Geoscience program was top ranked in the CHE RANKING 2018 - for the 4th time!
- Setting Description:
- Jacobs University is based in the north of Bremen – a city with a maritime atmosphere and over 1,200 years of history. About half a million people live in Bremen, and it is easy to get around the city, which has a high quality of living. The historical market square, a UNESCO World Heritage site, is famous for Bremen’s mascots, the Town Musicians from the Brothers Grimm fairy tale. More than 30,000 students live and study in Bremen and nearby Bremerhaven. Bremen boasts a diverse cultural life with great restaurants, theater plays, concerts, festivals, or flea markets. The city is home to the ‘Freimarkt’, Germany’s oldest fun fair, and the traditional Christmas Market is a popular destination not just for locals. Centrally located in Europe and with an international airport close to the city center, Bremen is an ideal starting point for trips to destinations such as Hamburg, Berlin, Paris, Rome, London or Amsterdam.
- 20000 EUR. A single bedroom, a shared bathroom for two students, standard utility costs and Internet, plus three meals a day are set at €6,000 for the nine-month academic year. If you take part in the world track program in your fifth semester and you do not live on campus, no room or board will be charged for that semester.
Additional Program Information
- Accredited University
- Financial Aid:
- FinancialAid Info:
- Individualized financial aid packages, which may include grants, scholarships, and/or tuition deferral, help make it possible for students to study at our university.
- Apply online through the Common App Submit the following supporting documents along with your application: Online application form (Common Application) Recommendation letter of a teacher School transcripts (plus university transcripts of transfer applicants) Educational history form Standardized test (SAT/ACT) English language proficiency test (e.g. TOEFL)
- Scholarships Description:
- Applicants of any nationality who submit a complete application via Common App will automatically be considered for a partial entrance scholarship from Jacobs University or an external scholarship. Jacobs University’s scholarships are merit-based.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program