- Florence, Italy
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester, Summer, Winter Semester
- Program Description:
What's great about this city? Florence is an artists' haven. This small city has preserved the essence of the Renaissance and gives the impression of living in an outdoor museum. This city stands out as a cultural, historical, and academic hot spot in Italy.
Perfect for... First-time travelers, art lovers and people who prefer a smaller city that's easy to navigate. With a population of roughly 380,000 people, Florence maintains a small-town feel allowing you to walk to any major area or monument within thirty minutes.
Students will have the opportunity to find out what life in Florence is really like while taking in some of the world's greatest art - close to 25% of the worlds greatest masterpieces are behind the walls of the Uffizi Gallery, the Accademia and the Bargello museums.
The Florence University of the Arts (FUA) and the Apicius International School of Hospitality (AISH) were founded in 1997 as one of Italy's leading private institutions for higher education. The university has taken an international approach to provide education on a global scale, with over 40 countries represented in its student body each academic year. FUA is accredited by the Region of Tuscany, as delegated by the Ministry of Education, and for those requiring a U.S. transcript, students may request a supplemental transcript to be issued by the University of South Florida, who serves as the U.S. School of Record for ISA programs.
Popular areas of study at the university include:
Italian Language and Culture
Art and Design
Biology and Earth Science
Located between the historic Palazzo Doni and Palazzo Guicciardini-Strozzi, the university is housed in a combination of converted palaces, now equipped with up-to-date technology. With free access to internet, research labs, recording studios, painting and mixed-media facilities, demo kitchens, fashion media labs, and numerous other facilities, students will enjoy the fusion of Florentine tradition and modernity that together create an environment prime for learning and engagement. Within walking distance to some of Florence's grandest piazzas and palazzi, the study spaces at the university are comfortable and full of resources to assist students' studies, including a spacious library with reading rooms, stations for online research, and an open computer lab with internet access.
A few minutes' walk along the Arno River and right around the corner from the famed Ponte Vecchio, students can easily go from campus to the ISA Office for support with academics, housing, travel, or any other aspect of the program. Students can come here to receive tutoring, meet with their peers, check the ISA bulletin board for upcoming cultural events, use the internet, or mingle with the resident staff.
Program Price Includes:
• Comprehensive Advising and Support
• Tuition at the Host University
• Official Transcript from Host University with ISA Cover Letter
• Meals and Laundry Services
• Bridging Cultures Program
• Full-Time Resident Staff
• On-Site ISA Offices
• Computer and Internet Access
• The ISA Discovery Model
• Cultural Activities
• Subscription to the New York Times
• Medical Insurance
• Comprehensive Health, Safety and Security Support
• Airport Reception
• Visa Support
• The Professional Development Toolbox
- Setting Description:
- The ISA office is located in Palazzo Acciaiuoli, just around the corner from the famous Ponte Vecchio and within walking distance to many major monuments, museums, shops, restaurants, and markets, and a short ten minute walk from the main FUA building near Piazza Santa Croce. The ISA resident staff is available to you at all times and offers support with academics, housing, travel or any other part of your program. The office also serves as a place where you can gather to meet peers, receive tutoring, check the ISA bulletin board for upcoming events or use the internet. Students will also have full access to all of the resources available at the university.
- Please see website for more details.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program