Learn about social issues that communities face. By partnering with community-based organizations and following a reflection-based curriculum, you will learn first-hand how local professionals are addressing issues with the available resources.
- Wellington, New Zealand
- Program Type:
- Volunteer Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Work Types:
- Animals, Arts, Children, Economic Development, Education, Environment, Health, Social Services, Women's Rights
- 1-3 months
- Program Description:
ISA Service-Learning in Wellington, New Zealand, provides students and recent graduates the opportunity to learn first-hand about social issues that communities around the world face. By partnering with community-based organizations and following a structured, reflection-based curriculum, you will learn how local professionals and experts are addressing these issues with the available resources while developing intercultural and leadership skills in a real-world context.
Throughout your program, you will create a service-learning portfolio, which is a compilation of reflection-based assignments and activities. This portfolio provides you with a guided framework to examine your experience, develop an enhanced sense of civic responsibility, and demonstrate your professional and cultural competencies achieved throughout your program.
Visit the ISA Service-Learning website to learn more about:
- Community-based organizations in Wellington
- What's Included in an ISA Service-Learning program
- Academic Credit
- Prices & Dates
- Setting Description:
- The capital of New Zealand, Wellington, sits right next to the strait dividing the two main islands and acts as the seat of the Kiwi government. We work in a variety of service fields, from Community Health Education and Support to Microfinance and Local Economic Development and so many others.
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- For details and eligibility, please visit our website.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program