Learn about social issues that communities face. By partnering with community-based organizations and following a reflection-based curriculum, you will learn first-hand how local professionals are addressing issues with the available resources.
- Valparaiso, Chile; Vina Del Mar, Chile
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Year Round
- Work Types:
- Arts & Architecture, Education, Journalism, Law, Medical, Nursing, Psychology, Sciences & Environment, Social Sciences
- Program Description:
ISA Service-Learning provides students and recent graduates the opportunity to learn first-hand about social issues that communities around the world face. By partnering with community-based organizations and following a structured, reflection-based curriculum, you will learn how local professionals and experts are addressing these issues with the available resources while developing intercultural and leadership skills in a real-world context.
Throughout your program, you will create a service-learning portfolio, which is a compilation of reflection-based assignments and activities. This portfolio provides you with a guided framework to examine your experience, develop an enhanced sense of civic responsibility, and demonstrate your professional and cultural competencies achieved throughout your program.
Visit the ISA Service-Learning website to learn more about:
- Community-based organizations in Valparaiso
- What's Included in an ISA Service-Learning program
- Academic Credit
- Prices & Dates
- Setting Description:
- Valparaíso, and Viña del Mar are sister cities located halfway down Chile's endless coastline and sixty-eight miles northwest of Santiago. A city of seafaring traditions and grand hilltop views, Valparaíso was once home to the famous Chilean poet Pablo Neruda. This colorful and thriving port city is primarily known for its artistic scene, economic importance and rich colonial history. Viña del Mar is a cosmopolitan beach resort city, boasting some of the most popular beaches in the region. As a social and commercial hub, Viña is a top destination for foreign and local tourists alike. With a total population of 564,000 these two cities are full of culture and life.
- For a full list of the program costs and options, please visit our website.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program