Learn about social issues that communities face. By partnering with community-based organizations and following a reflection-based curriculum, you will learn first-hand how local professionals are addressing issues with the available resources.
- San Jose, Costa Rica
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Fall Semester, Spring Break, Spring Semester, Summer
- Work Types:
- Animal Sciences, Arts & Architecture, Education, Law, Medical, Nursing, Psychology, Sciences & Environment, Social Sciences
- Program Description:
ISA Service-Learning provides students and recent graduates the opportunity to learn first-hand about social issues that communities around the world face. By partnering with community-based organizations and following a structured, reflection-based curriculum, you will learn how local professionals and experts are addressing these issues with the available resources while developing intercultural and leadership skills in a real-world context.
Throughout your program, you will create a service-learning portfolio, which is a compilation of reflection-based assignments and activities. This portfolio provides you with a guided framework to examine your experience, develop an enhanced sense of civic responsibility, and demonstrate your professional and cultural competencies achieved throughout your program.
Visit the ISA Service-Learning website to learn more about:
- Community-based organizations in San Jose
- What's Included in an ISA Service-Learning program
- Academic Credit
- Prices & Dates
- Setting Description:
- Located in the central valley of Costa Rica is San José, the cultural, political and economic capital. It is the perfect place to experience a bustling and cosmopolitan Latin American metropolis and is the ideal jumping off point to experience the many natural wonders of Costa Rica.
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- For details and eligibility, please visit our website.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program