Learn about social issues that communities face. By partnering with community-based organizations and following a reflection-based curriculum, you will learn first-hand how local professionals are addressing issues with the available resources.
- Cusco, Peru
- Program Type:
- Volunteer Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Work Types:
- Animals, Arts, Children, Economic Development, Education, Environment, Health, Social Services, Women's Rights
- 3-4 weeks, 1-3 months, 4-6 months
- Program Description:
ISA Service-Learning provides students and recent graduates the opportunity to learn first-hand about social issues that communities around the world face. By partnering with community-based organizations and following a structured, reflection-based curriculum, you will learn how local professionals and experts are addressing these issues with the available resources while developing intercultural and leadership skills in a real-world context.
Throughout your program, you will create a service-learning portfolio, which is a compilation of reflection-based assignments and activities. This portfolio provides you with a guided framework to examine your experience, develop an enhanced sense of civic responsibility, and demonstrate your professional and cultural competencies achieved throughout your program.
Visit the ISA Service-Learning website to learn more about:
- Community-based organizations in Cusco
- What's Included in an ISA Service-Learning program
- Academic Credit
- Prices & Dates
- Setting Description:
- Cusco is a city in southeastern Peru, situated in the Peruvian Andes Mountains. Cusco is home to the palace of the Inca, the Temple of the Sun, and the nearby Inca archaeological site of Machu Picchu. The city attracts tourism from all over the world, due to the preservation of its culture displayed in the amazing archaeological sites, architecture, and colorful Peruvian dress. The people of Cusco still use traditional dress of polleras (long, colorful skirts), play zampoñas (pan flutes), and raise llamas. In addition, the exquisite cuisine of Andean taste fused with modern ingredients, provides both Peruvians and foreigners with very innovative dishes. Prepare yourself to be enamored with the Inca capital of Cusco.
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- For details and eligibility, please visit our website.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program