Learn about social issues that communities face. By partnering with community-based organizations and following a reflection-based curriculum, you will learn first-hand how local professionals are addressing issues with the available resources.
- Cape Town, South Africa
- Program Type:
- Volunteer Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Work Types:
- Arts, Children, Economic Development, Education, Health, Social Services
- 1-3 months
- Program Description:
ISA Service-Learning in Cape Town, South Africa provides students and recent graduates the opportunity to learn first-hand about social issues that communities around the world face. By partnering with community-based organizations and following a structured, reflection-based curriculum, you will learn how local professionals and experts are addressing these issues with the available resources while developing intercultural and leadership skills in a real-world context.
Throughout your program, you will create a service-learning portfolio, which is a compilation of reflection-based assignments and activities. This portfolio provides you with a guided framework to examine your experience, develop an enhanced sense of civic responsibility, and demonstrate your professional and cultural competencies achieved throughout your program.
Visit the ISA Service-Learning website to learn more about:
- Community-based organizations in Cape Town
- What's Included in an ISA Service-Learning program
- Academic Credit
- Prices & Dates
- Setting Description:
- Affectionately known as the Mother City, Cape Town was founded in 1652 and is South Africa's oldest city. It's easy to see why Cape Town is rated as one of the most beautiful cities in the world with a backdrop of flat-topped Table Mountain juxtaposed by the sweep of the Atlantic Ocean in the foreground. You can hike or take a cable-car ride up Table Mountain to enjoy the breathtaking view of the city and peninsula, take a ferry to the historic Robben Island, or visit the Cape of Good Hope.
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- For details and eligibility, please visit our website.