- Antigua Guatemala, Guatemala
- Program Type:
- Volunteer Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Work Types:
- Animals, Education, Environment, Health, Social Services, Translation
- 1-2 weeks, 3-4 weeks, 1-3 months, 4-6 months, 1 year
- Program Description:
IVHQ was established in 2007 and has grown to become the world's leading volunteer travel organization, placing thousands of volunteers abroad every year and offering a variety of projects, including Teaching, Childcare, Medical, Construction and Renovation, Community Development, Turtle Conservation and Wildlife Conservation. IVHQ prides itself on providing affordable, safe and responsible volunteer programs in over 30 different locations, and the affordability and transparency of their program fees have played a significant role in establishing IVHQ as the world's most popular volunteer travel organization. Whether you're taking a volunteer vacation, a gap year, or a career break, IVHQ has a wide variety of programs ranging from 1 week to 24 weeks to fit anyone's schedule. Browse through the programs on IVHQ's webpage and the team of experienced travelers will be happy to help you find the best match for your skills and cultural interests.
Based around a small, colonial city, the Guatemala program enjoys the backdrop of 3 major volcanos, the ambiance of romantic restaurants, cobblestone streets, and a constant flow of happening events. Volunteers will never run out of things to do, places to go, and sites to see in their free time. Volunteers on this program can keep a pretty busy schedule between their volunteer work and optional language classes, and there are plenty of social opportunities. Salsa dancing, guacamole-making classes, and photography walks are just some of the extra activities volunteers can take part in while on this program. The world renowned beach in Monterrico is only 2 hours’ drive away from Antigua and would be worth a weekend getaway. There are plenty of opportunities to get involved in the surrounding towns, or pueblos, of Antigua, and the projects include Elderly Care, Childcare, Teaching English, Construction and Renovation, Eco Agriculture Conservation, Medical, and Animal Care/Animal Rights. Our team is happy to point you in the right direction so we can find the best match for your skills and cultural interests.
See website for full program fee details.
- Setting Description:
- Volunteers are accommodated in the center of Antigua, and all homestays or volunteer houses are within walking distance of the program office locations. The program office is designed for networking as local students and volunteers alike are welcome to visit and use the free Wifi in the gardens, terraces, computer lab and classrooms. Affordable Spanish lessons are offered by our local team, and volunteers can also take advantage of the course credit offered for those who participate for 4 weeks or longer. More details can be provided by our IVHQ team or by checking out our dedicated Spanish Service Learning webpage: http://www.volunteerhq.org/spanish-service-learning-course.
- Volunteer programs starting from $299
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program