- Riga, Latvia
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, MayMester Intersession, Rolling Starts, Spring Break, Spring Semester, Summer, Winter Semester, Year Round
- Program Description:
- Whatever your reasons for learning Russian today, you are in good company. Interest in the language of Pushkin and Tolstoy is no longer confined to the academic world. Demand for modern and communicative Russian is on the increase, both for professional purposes and pure pleasure.
- St. Petersburg – jewel of Imperial Russia and UNESCO World Heritage site, Moscow -Russia’s powerhouse and Europe’s largest metropolis and Riga – the beautiful Latvian capital full of charm and history are three fantastic places to learn Russian, while immersing yourself in Russian culture and enjoying the legendary Russian hospitality.
- Liden & Denz is the oldest private Russian language institute in the country (established in 1992) and enjoys a worldwide reputation as a first class training facility for the teaching of Russian. The centre is regularly inspected by international accreditation bodies and operate a transparent quality assurance scheme.
- Starting dates: Any Monday (except beginners)
- Complete beginners are welcome on the first Monday of each month
- The minimum age is 16 years old
- All levels from complete beginners to very advanced
- 20 lessons per week (each lesson is 50 minutes)
- From Monday to Friday
- Small groups: maximum 12 students per group
- Duration: Minimum 2 weeks – maximum any number of weeks
- General course classes are held from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm
- The rates are digressive – longer stays are lower priced
STUDY ABROAD- EARN U.S. COLLEGE CREDITS!
Students studying with Liden & Denz can receive transferable credit from Brookhaven College, a fully accredited, comprehensive American community college accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (www.sacscoc.org). Brookhaven College offers MAP (Multinational Academic Program) participants one of several flat fees, determined by residency and number of courses (not credit hours) The current fees are $250-$600 for 1-2 courses (up to 8 semester hours of credit) and $450-$800 for 3-5 courses (up to 17 semester hours of credit) Please note that this is optional. Only students who want an academic transcript from Brookhaven College pay these additional fees directly to Brookhaven College.
- Setting Description:
- Communicative teaching in small groups makes this course a pleasurable and productive experience. Our Standard Group Course gives participants the chance to learn communicative skills in “real life” situations. This course of 20 weekly lessons is offered year round and follows a modular pattern of two-week units.
- For participants staying four weeks or longer, following modules build upon the grammar basics of the first module, treating the same topics from a different angle with more in-depth explanations, more complex vocabulary, different exercises and more dialogues.
- Price: 280 EUR a week, discounts for extended stays!
- Assessment test
- All course materials
- Course certificate
- Guided city-tour
- Free Internet access
- Course participants who have booked accommodation through Liden & Denz are met at the airport or railway station and driven straight to their accommodation at no charge
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program