The standard course covers all aspects of successful language learning developing your speaking, listening, reading and writing skills. Project work and extra-curricular activities further enhance autonomous learning behaviour and German language use outs
- Heidelberg, Germany
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, MayMester Intersession, Rolling Starts, Spring Break, Spring Semester, Summer, Winter Semester, Year Round
- Program Description:
- IH-HEIDELBERG COLLEGIUM PALATINUM - A GOOD CHOICE!
• More than 50 years of teaching experience
• Central location
• Small courses
• International students
• Member of FaDaF (German Association of Teachers of German)
• Curriculum in accordance with the Common European Framework
• Official testing centre
• Experienced teachers
• All language levels from A1 to C1
• College credits
The standard course covers all aspects of successful language learning developing your speaking, listening, reading and writing skills. Project work and extra-curricular activities further enhance autonomous learning behaviour and German language use outside the classroom. Instruction is based on the stage of the CEFR (A1-C1), with additional exercises to help participants practice the language and absorb the material learned in the course:
• Course Duration: 1 to any number of weeks
• Course Instruction: 20 lessons per week / 45 min. each lesson
• Course schedule: Monday – Friday, 8.30 a.m. to 12.00 p.m. including a 30 minute break
• Starting Dates: All levels: every Monday;
• Course Levels: All levels. Courses are based on the levels A1-C1 of the Common European Framework of Reference
• Age Group: min. 18 years and min. 17 years in summer
• Participants per class: 4 to 12
• Culture and leisure program: We offer activities every week
• Students who wish to receive credits for their university studies have to be enrolled via Broward College, Florida / CCIS (College Consortium for International Studies). Credits will be awarded upon successful completion of a 8 or 16-week course (full semester) at ih Heidelberg - Collegium Palatinum with a grade no lower than C.
• Students are able to transfer credits to a selection of other universities in the United States.
• For Beginners I and II, Intermediate I and II and Advanced levels, the credits are issues to the following number of weeks: 8 weeks: 8 credits, 16 weeks: 24 credits
- Setting Description:
- • Our German Language Institute offers various general language, as well as specialized and profession-related German courses, for language students who want to learn German or simply brush up their German language skills.
• German language instruction is possible in groups or on an individual basis, in our language school, or at the location of your choice.
• Our German Language Institute prepares interested candidates for the internationally recognized telc Deutsch and TestDaF examinations.
- 219 USD a week, discounts for extended stays!
Program fees include:
• Written placement test at the beginning of the course
• Individual evaluation of oral performance at the beginning of the course
• Information on course curriculum and objectives, consultation on examinations and studies
• Additional learning material to enhance autonomous learning (e. g. daily homework, project work etc.)
• Weekly progress tests
• Certificate of attendance
• Film s