- Tuition - Books and class materials - Official Transcripts - Housing: Host families with 2 meals daily and laundry - Airport transfer on arrival - Pre-departure orientation and services - On-Site Orientation - Staff on campus - 24/7 Emergency Contact -
- San Jose, Costa Rica
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Fall Semester, Spring Semester, Summer, Winter Semester
- Program Description:
- Studying abroad in Costa Rica is a dream come true for many college students. But when you’re studying abroad with International Enrichment (IE), that dream becomes a beautiful reality as you go beyond the classroom and dive into a Spanish language immersion program that is like none other. With IE you receive a thorough understanding of a foreign language as well as:
- Cultural excursions
- Educational field trips
- Hands-on approach
- Full language immersion
Studying abroad in Costa Rica offers you the perfect opportunity to explore this progressive and peace-loving nation located between Panama and Nicaragua. Known as the Switzerland of Central America, Costa Rica spans some 19,579 square miles and has a population of more than four million. The country’s rain forests, unspoiled beaches, coral reefs, white water rivers and volcanoes are all just a few hours’ drive from San José the nation’s capitol and where you’ll be studying abroad. Some additional facts:
- Costa Rica has no standing army and hasn’t for 50 years.
- The country’s varied terrain offers everything from zip lining to surfing.
- Museums, music, festivals, dance clubs and a national theater make San Jose’ a traveler’s paradise.
- Tuition - Books and class materials - Official Transcripts - Housing: Host families with 2 meals daily and laundry - Airport transfer on arrival - Pre-departure orientation and services - On-Site Orientation - Staff on campus - 24/7 Emergency Contact - Wireless internet access - Mail service - Fresh coffee and fruit refreshments daily - Luggage storage while you travel - Latin dance classes - Cooking classes - Conversation classes - Additional conversation classes twice a week - Extra "level adjustment" Spanish classes when required - Yoga classes once a week - Free gym membership for four weeks - Volunteer opportunities - Optional Excursions and Extensions (additional fees apply) - Storage facilities and safety deposit box are available at the school. - Personal attention to each student. - Fitness Centre Gym is located just 2 blocks from the school; membership includes aerobics, spinning classes and workout programs with a trainer in Spanish.
5 - 24 credits dependant upon the program(s) chosen.
- Setting Description:
- IE offers an intensive language immersion program at the Costa Rican Language Academy. CRLA is a private institution specializing in Spanish language instruction and works in partnership with Universidad Veritas which provides didactic materials and accreditation for your courses. IE’s program is located in Barrio Dent, a quiet, secure, up-scale residential/commercial neighborhood on the east side of San Jose. It is across from the University of Costa Rica campus, a 5 minute drive to Veritas University and close to the well-known San Pedro Mall as well as a variety of restaurants, cinemas,banks, Internet cafes, and many stores. It is also a 20 minute walk from downtown San José and within walking distance or a short bus ride from our homestay families. IE’s programs at CRLA are commited to a high quality educational, cultural and personalized language studies experience by providing students an immersion program where they are exposed to and interact through authentic Costa Rican expe
- 4 week Summer session cost is $1999 12 week semester cost is $6999