- Tuition and credits depending on the program - Books and class materials - Official transcripts from the Estudios Hispanicos at the University of Barcelona or Autonomous University or Barcelona - Airport transfer on arrival - Extensive pre-departure inf
- Barcelona, Spain
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester, Summer, Winter Semester
- Program Description:
- Studying abroad in Barcelona can take you beyond just learning the Spanish language. This cosmopolitan city has so much to offer someone who is willing to delve into its amazing adventures in food, music, dance and fun. With International Enrichment (IE) you can choose from unparalleled variety in academic choices to gain a well-rounded study abroad experience not seen in any other program. IE offers programs at the University of Barcelona and Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona
You can choose from:
- Intensive language and cultural elective combination program at University of Barcelona (summer, semester or year)
- Economic and Spanish Civilization academic year or semester Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (semester or year)
- Full language immersion programs at either university
- Tuition and credits depending on the program - Books and class materials - Official transcripts from the Estudios Hispanicos at the University of Barcelona or Autonomous University or Barcelona - Airport transfer on arrival - Extensive pre-departure information - Arrival orientation and services - On-site program director - Staff and experienced student advising on campus - 24/7 Emergency Contact - Wireless internet access - Mail service - Optional Excursions and Extensions (additional fees may apply) - Cultural immersion events - Storage facilities and safety deposit box are available at either school. - Personal attention to each student.
3-32 credits depending upon the program chosen.
- Setting Description:
- IE offers an intensive language immersion program at the University of Barcelona. Founded in 1450, the University of Barcelona is the oldest and largest of the six universities in Barcelona and boasts a rich academic tradition and a diverse student body. IE participants study Spanish language and culture at the Estudios Hispanicos (Spanish Studies for Foreigners) department at the University of Barcelona. The professors at Estudios Hispanicos take students on field trips and cultural events around the city as part of their culture and language classes. IE also offers a unique course study program at Autonomous University in Barcelona. Students can take courses in a variety of disciplines, including economics, international business and marketing, history, humanities, and Spanish. IE participants attend classes at the Sant Pau campus in the historic Casa Convalescencia building, located in the Eixample District in central Barcelona.
- UNIVERSITY OF BARCELONA Spring Semester 2013 (Language & Culture) 1/8/2013 - 5/23/2013 Price:$12,245 Fall Semester 2013 (Language & Culture) Late Aug - Mid Dec Price:$12,095 Spring Semester 2013 (Language) 1/8/2013 - 5/23/2013 Price:$12,045 Fall Semester 2013 (Language) Late Aug - Mid Dec Price:$11,895 Summer 2013 Late June - Late July Price:$4,595 Year 2013-2014 (Language & Culture) Late Aug - Mid May Price:$23,490 Year 2013-2014 (Language) Late Aug - Mid May Price:$23,090 AUTONOMOUS UNI