- Ho Chi Minh City, Viet Nam; Bangkok, Thailand
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Winter Semester
- Program Description:
Winter Southeast Asia provides unique opportunities for both undergraduate and graduate students looking to expand their international business education outside of the traditional classroom. While traveling abroad, students will learn about Thai and Vietnamese culture, history, customs, politics, and international business practices. Most importantly, students will observe how these business practices differentiate from the United States.
International Business Seminars (IBS) programs provide a variety of unique opportunities:
- Network with business executives by visiting global companies to learn about how business is conducted and the challenges that come from running a multi-national organization.
- Earn university credit while applying the knowledge you've learned in the classroom to real-life business settings.
- Gain a competitive advantage for your career by experiencing international policies, political climates, and international business environments while building confidence, cultural understanding, and an ability to adapt to a variety of situations.
- Experience some of the world's most well-known attractions and destinations.
Winter Southeast Asia Highlights
- Experience cultural activities, free time to explore, and a variety of outdoor excursions
- Participate in city tours to see the most well-known attractions, including the Damnoen Floating Market and more
- Learn from business executives at global companies such as the American Chamber of Commerce, Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange, and more
- View international business practices in a variety of industries, including: finance, marketing, economics, and more
- Stay in 4-star hotels with front-lobby security
Additional Program Information
- Minimum GPA: 2.5
Based on 2 Reviews
- International Student02/11/19
I was fortunate enough to attend the Winter Southeast Asia seminar in Thailand & Vietnam this past winter break and not only learned a plethora about international business, but also grew as a professional and a person. I met new peers and friends, made
professional contacts and saw a part of the world I never would have on my own. I got great value for my money and am anxious to go abroad with International Business Seminars again. As an international business major, IBS Abroad gave me the international experience I needed to confidently apply for jobs overseas. The 2 week seminar also counted as 3 credits towards my undergraduate degree, which was the cherry on top to an amazing experience. Thank you International Business Seminars!read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
- An Amazing Opportunity!02/01/18
My experience abroad was completely worthwhile. Hearing how successful people do business is interesting in any country; but even more so when you hear about how they dealt with difficulties there and how they overcome them. They have to deal with language
and cultural barriers in addition to working under different government regulations and are still successful. It was also interesting too to see how different business can be outside of the United States. In addition to learning about business; the experience also helped my communication and networking skills grow. We also had plenty of free time to enjoy the culture outside the business world.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend