- London, United Kingdom; Geneva, Switzerland; Paris, France; Amsterdam, Netherlands; Heidelberg, Germany
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Winter Semester
- Program Description:
Visit 5 countries in 16 days! Winter One is perfect for undergraduate and graduate students who are looking to gain international business experience while setting themselves apart in the workforce after graduation. Students will learn about the culture, customs, and international business practices used in a variety of European cities. Most importantly, students will observe how business practices differentiate between each country visited and the United States.
International Business Seminars (IBS) programs provide a variety of unique opportunities:
- Network with business executives by visiting global companies to learn about how business is conducted and the challenges that come from running a multi-national organization.
- Earn university credit while applying the knowledge you've learned in the classroom to real-life business settings.
- Gain a competitive advantage for your career by experiencing international policies, political climates, and international business environments while building confidence, cultural understanding, and an ability to adapt to a variety of situations.
- Experience some of the world's most well-known attractions and destinations.
Winter One Highlights:
- Visit 5 countries in 16 days
- Experience cultural activities, free time to explore, and a variety of European Cities
- Participate in city tours to see the most well-known attractions, including the Eiffel Tower, Big Ben, and more
- Learn from business executives at global companies such as BMW, the World Trade Organization, and more
- View international business practices in a variety of industries, including: finance, business, marketing, and more
- Stay in 4-star hotels with front-lobby security
Based on 3 Reviews
- Winter One Europe 201901/23/19
I always dreamt of studying abroad but did not have the time in my academic plan to for an entire semester. The Winter One Seminar to Europe allowed me to get the experience of studying abroad and earn class credit all within 16 days! Within those 16
days, our seminar visited The United Kingdom, France, Germany, and The Netherlands and a handful of well-known companies including Chelsea Football Club, The Hard Rock Café, Champagne Lanson, Grant Thornton, KPMG, etc. In addition to the company visits and city tours, we were given a generous amount of free time to explore each location independently. All the staff and professors on the trip were so kind, fun, and helpful making it such a unique learning experience. My time abroad with IBS was truly an opportunity of a lifetime and I could not recommend this program more! I would do it all over again if I could.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
- Time of my life01/29/18
This past winter break I attended the Europe One seminar which was definitely one of the highlights of my college experience. During the two-week seminar I embraced the opportunity of a lifetime to network, learn, and explore 5 beautiful cities with other
students and mentors from all over the country. During the trip I traveled to London, Paris, Geneva, Heidelberg, and Amsterdam which are all places I would love to go back to in the future. Overall, this journey made me realize how passionate I truly am about international business which is part of the reason I will be pursuing a career globally when I graduate. I learned numerous things from my experience abroad that I will carry with me for the rest of my life. I learned how to navigate through foreign public transportation systems with nothing but a map. I learned how to communicate with local people that did not speak my language. I learned a lot about different cultures and that things that seem normal to me are often unusual for others. I gained insight on global businesses and learned in depth what it takes to work internationally. This experience was extremely worthwhile and I hope to participate in another abroad trip with IBS in the future.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
- Life Changing Experience01/25/18
Before this trip, I never studied abroad before and when someone came talk to us in class about an opportunity to study abroad, earn college credit, and do it in a matter of a little bit over two weeks, I got extremely excited. This trip overall was an
experience of a lifetime that I will cherish forever. I went on the Winter One trip in 2017-2018 winter break. I went to London, Paris, Geneva, Heidelberg, and Amsterdam. I spent about 16 days in all of these places combined. In a normal study abroad program, it's an entire semester in one place but this program allows you to study in 5 different countries in such a short period and earn that credit for college. I learned a lot on this trip about how businesses operate and how the people in each of these cities live and work.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend