English for Communication (EC): This 6 level (from beginner to advanced) program focuses on reading, writing, speaking, listening, and grammar. Full-time students have Elective classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays. English for Business (EB): The English fo
- Honolulu, United States
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Rolling Starts, Summer, Year Round
- Work Types:
- Program Description:
- ICC Hawaii offers a variety of programs for those seeking to learn or improve their English. Whether pursuing admission into a US college or university or simply seeking to improve your English Language skills, ICC’s small classes, certified teachers, friendly staff and comfortable learning environment offers programs to meet the needs of most students.
Our most popular courses are offered under our General English curriculum which has 7 levels to accommodate English students at any level. Next, through our Cambridge test preparation programs, students can earn the prestigious Cambridge certification which is recognized worldwide. Our English for Business program is taught by weekly topics and can be brought to any location around the world as a one week course or a weekend seminar. Finally, ESL teachers can upgrade their instructional skills through the Cambridge CELTA or TKT programs.
From registration to graduation, ICC strives to give students the best English study experience in Hawaii. Our school is located just minutes from Iolani Palace, Aloha Tower, the Hawaii State Library, and Honolulu Academy of Arts. Students can enjoy the beautiful scenery and unique culture of Hawaii with our fun weekly activities. Also, ICC Hawaii is authorized to issue I-20 forms for visa purposes.
This safe, friendly environment is perfect for students from all over the world to prepare for academic or professional success!
English for Communication (EC): This 6 level (from beginner to advanced) program focuses on reading, writing, speaking, listening, and grammar. Full-time students have Elective classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays. English for Business (EB): The English for Business English program is designed to build professional communication skills. This interactive course focuses on English used in international trade, the stock market, business meetings and negotiations. TOEIC Preparation Program: This program helps prepare students for the Official TOEIC test (provided by ETS). The course focuses on increasing TOEIC vocabulary and on improving the student’s proficiency in grammar, reading, writing, listening, speaking and pronunciation. Practice tests are given in class once every term. This course is offered to students placed in Intermediate 2 level or higher. CAMBRIDGE Examination Courses: (BEC Vantage, FCE, CAE, CPE): ICC, a registered Cambridge Testing Center, is a great place to prepare for the official Cambridge Examinations. English use, composition, speaking, reading, vocabulary and listening comprehension are studied. These programs are for upper intermediate to advanced students only. Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults (CELTA): ICC is proud to offer the Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults (CELTA), a 4-week introductory course for native or non-native speakers who have some, little or no previous English language teaching experience. This course, which is both intensive and practical, will provide Internship Program: This intensive 8-12 week internship combines English language training with on-the-job exposure to American business practices. Students apply skills acquired in BEC or EC classes. Interns are placed at a business or professional organization for 8 to 12 hrs/week. All positions are unpaid. BEC and EC classes for interns are held in the mornings and internships are weekday afternoons. University Bridge Program/ TOEFL (UBP): This three-level program will give you the necessary skills to be a successful university student while increasing your TOEFL score. Topics of study include grammar, listening, reading and writing skills needed to do well on the TOEFL Test.
• Quality English Instruction All ICC teachers are highly trained, have experience teaching abroad, and personally work with students to improve their English and make them feel at home in Hawaii. • Fun Weekly Activities A full time Activities Coordinator plans weekly fun student activities for students to experience the beauty of Hawaii, Hawaiian culture, and make friends with other students while enjoying Hawaii. Activities include swimming with dolphins, whale watching, beach barbeques, holiday parties, surfing lessons, Hula dancing lessons, American cooking classes, hiking, sunset cruises, and much more. • World-class Facilities ICC is located on the entire second floor of the modern Clifford Center include 10 air-conditioned classrooms, a computer lab, WiFi internet, student lounge, kitchen, and free daily coffee and tea. The downtown business district is easily accessible by bus or bike and is walking distance to restaurants, shopping, and local tourist attractions. • Comfortable Accommodations Full time Housing Coordinator who matches students with a variety accommodation options, including homestays, student residences, apartments or hotels. • English Only Policy The English Only Policy means students can only speak English when at ICC, which allows of faster learning and practicing English outside the classroom.
- Setting Description:
- ICC is located on the entire second floor of the modern Clifford Center in the downtown district of Honolulu. Amenities include 10 air-conditioned classrooms, a computer lab, WiFi internet, student lounge, kitchen, and free daily coffee and tea. The downtown business district is easily accessible by bus or bike and is walking distance to restaurants, shopping, and local tourist attractions. Clifford Center is on the border of the Capitol District, which includes ‘Iolani Palace, the State Capitol, the Hawaii State Library, and other historical attractions. It is also within walking distance to Aloha Tower Marketplace, downtown shopping and restaurants, and Chinatown. Downtown Honolulu is the political and financial center of Hawaii. Major colleges and universities are located nearby such as Argosy University, Hawaii Pacific University, the University of Phoenix, and Remington College.
- 20 hours per week Weekly price: $275 per week 4 weeks or more: $245 per week 16 hours per week Weekly price: $250 per week 4 weeks or more: $230 per week
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program