- Alcala De Henares, Spain
- Program Type:
- Teach Abroad
- Degree Level:
- 7-11 months
- Teach Abroad:
- Certification, Placement
- Placement Audience:
- 0-6 years old, 6-12 years old, 12-15 years old, 15-18 years old, Adults
- Program Description:
The objective of the Teach & Learn in Spain Program is to offer native English speaking students the opportunity of earning a Master’s Degree and being a language assistant in a school in the region of Madrid (Comunidad de Madrid). This is a yearlong academic program.
Our academic program reaches beyond the usual post graduate study options by treating this academic experience as a global experience. The Teach & Learn in Spain Program provides a training framework that integrates teaching and learning perspectives that look beyond academic and towards understanding the whole needs of a learner. These perspectives include: teaching methods, curricular design, classroom management, learning theories, design of classroom resources, assessments and evaluation. The time spent studying at Instituto Franklin-UAH at Alcalá de Henares is considered a fundamental period of academic development for students. We offer a comprehensive education experience which maximizes students' potential in language, intercultural and personal development.
Students can choose one of the following Masters’ Degrees:
- Master in International Education
- Master in Bilingual and Multicultural Education
- Master in Learning and Teaching Spanish as a Second Language
- Master in Teaching
- Master in Special Education in a Bilingual Context (New)
- Master in School Management (New)
Each MA Degree is accredited by the Universidad de Alcalá and includes 60 ECTS credits.
The cost of the program is: Tuition Remission for Option A , €3.800 for Option B and €4.200 for Option C.
It is structured into three distinct areas that include: academic courses, a life experience portfolio and the submission of a Master’s Thesis. It lasts an academic year (9 months), from September to June and is worth 60 ECTS (European Credit Transfer System) credits. It combines onsite classes (Fridays) with online sessions (during the week).
Teach for a Year, Learn for Life
- Setting Description:
- Colegio Trinitarios, Calle Trinidad 1, Alcala de Henares (Madrid), Spain
- 3,200 USD. 3 funding options. Option A: Tuition Remission, Option B: Out of pocket tuition and practicum in a school, Option C: Out of pocket tuition without a practicum
Additional Program Information
- Must have a BA or BS, a minium of a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 GPA scale, Must be a native English Speaker, and a B2 (Intermediate) Level Spanish recommended
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program