- Alcala De Henares, Spain
- Program Type:
- Teach Abroad
- Degree Level:
- 7-11 months
- Teach Abroad:
- Certification, Placement
- Placement Audience:
- 0-6 years old, 6-12 years old, 12-15 years old, 15-18 years old, Adults
- Program Description:
The objective of the Teach & Learn in Spain Program is to offer native English speaking students the opportunity of earning a Master’s Degree and being a language assistant in a school in the region of Madrid (Comunidad de Madrid). This is a yearlong academic program.
Our academic program reaches beyond the usual post graduate study options by treating this academic experience as a global experience. The Teach & Learn in Spain Program provides a training framework that integrates teaching and learning perspectives that look beyond academic and towards understanding the whole needs of a learner. These perspectives include: teaching methods, curricular design, classroom management, learning theories, design of classroom resources, assessments and evaluation. The time spent studying at Instituto Franklin-UAH at Alcalá de Henares is considered a fundamental period of academic development for students. We offer a comprehensive education experience which maximizes students' potential in language, intercultural and personal development.
Students can choose one of the following Masters’ Degrees:
- Master in International Education
- Master in Bilingual and Multicultural Education
- Master in Learning and Teaching Spanish as a Second Language
- Master in Teaching
- Master in Special Education in a Bilingual Context (New)
- Master in School Management (New)
Each MA Degree is accredited by the Universidad de Alcalá and includes 60 ECTS credits.
The cost of the program is: Tuition Remission for Option A , €3.800 for Option B and €4.200 for Option C.
It is structured into three distinct areas that include: academic courses, a life experience portfolio and the submission of a Master’s Thesis. It lasts an academic year (9 months), from September to June and is worth 60 ECTS (European Credit Transfer System) credits. It combines onsite classes (Fridays) with online sessions (during the week). Teach for a Year, Learn for Life
- Setting Description:
- Colegio Trinitarios, Calle Trinidad 1, Alcala de Henares (Madrid), Spain
- 3 funding options. Option A: Tuition Remission, Option B: Out of pocket tuition and practicum in a school, Option C: Out of pocket tuition without a practicum
Additional Program Information
- OPTION A (Tuition remission)-Must have a BA Degree Diploma OPTION B (Out of pocket tuition)- Must have a BA Diploma or expects to obtain before May 2018 - Has not been an assistant with the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sport's "North American Language and Culture Assistants Program" for the last two consecutive years. OPTION C (Out of pocket tuition)- Must have a BA Degree Diploma - Should already be placed in a language assistant/teaching program Or - Should work in a teaching related field.
- Scholarships Description:
- Tuition Remission for the Teach & Learn in Spain Program
Based on 3 Reviews
- Master in Teaching at Instituto Franklin-UAH02/11/18
The Master in Teaching program at Instituto Franklin-UAH provided practical and theoretical knowledge for teaching in an ESL classroom. The classes were insightful, and the professors were very knowledgable in their fields of bilingual and international
education. I especially enjoyed learning about comparative education systems. Developing communicative lessons for the classroom was another highlight of this program. The feedback from the professors and my classmates helped me to develop and improve my teaching skills. The Master in Teaching program helped me to reach my professional goals once back in the United States. This experience impressed employers, and it helped me to land my dream career of working with adult English Language Learners in Chicago.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
- Excellent Overseas Masters Program01/22/18
Attending the Instituto Franklin during the 2015-2016 school year was the best educational decision I’ve made. To those students who are willing to embrace their studies, apply themselves, and work hard, you will be rewarded with incredible educational
and life experience. After graduation, I returned to the United States and was immediately hired as a high school English teacher. (Full disclosure: my undergraduate degree is in teaching with an English emphasis, hence applying for a teaching position.) The administrators who interviewed me were incredibly impressed with my time spent abroad, particularly with obtaining a Masters in Bilingual and Multicultural Education. After being hired they told me that was the biggest reason I was chosen over the other interviewees. The school district did not require my degree to be accredited but I do plan on having it accredited soon. I plan to update this review with more details regarding that process. If you have an opportunity to apply to this program, I wholeheartedly encourage it. Not only do I have unbelievably fond memories of that school year, but I am now in a better career because of it. Shout out to Iulia, Carlos, and all the other professors who helped me achieve my dream.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
- Excellent Program. Perfect for professionals and recent graduates.12/24/17
This program has grown since I participated in 2011. They now offer a wider range of more structured academic programs geared at education from an international prespective. This is the perfecto opportunity to live in Europe for a year (and have the
opportunity to extend your stay) and gain valuable cultural insite and new prespectives as well as network and make life-long friends. It is taught in one of the oldest universities in Spain by a professional and highly qualitied staff. The skills I learned have served me in every single job I´ve had after graduating and my degree (and all my friend´s ) was instantly recognized as equivalent to a master´s in the US. For anyone wanting to study a master´s and gain a global prespective on education, I recommend it without doublt. What you take away from it will always be with you.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend