The Spanish Studies Program allows students to get a unique opportunity of learning, living, and traveling in Spain. We offer a diversity of courses suited for students with different interests. Courses range from traditional language and culture to more
- Alcala De Henares, Spain
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, MayMester Intersession, Spring Semester, Summer, Winter Semester
- Program Description:
- The Program was established in 1987. Throughout more than 25 years of experience, this initiative has transformed our Institute into a reference point in Spain for study abroad programs.
Our academic program reaches beyond the usual study abroad options by treating this academic experience as a global experience. The time spent studying in Alcalá de Henares is considered a fundamental period of academic development for the students. We offer a comprehensive education experience which maximizes students´ potential in language, intercultural and personal development.
The Spanish Studies Program allows students to get a unique opportunity of learning, living, and traveling in Spain. We offer a diversity of courses suited for students with different interests. Courses range from traditional language and culture to more specific ones such as Humanities, Cultural Studies, Political Science, International Relations, and Business among others.
Students improve their intercultural skills through different activities outside class and cultural visits, they build up their attitudes, believes, communication styles and intercultural awareness.
•Participate in other activities like volunteering, sports, service learning and interships.
Why study at Instituto Franklin-Universidad de Alcala?
• You can choose from an interesting and wide variety of courses, from language courses to courses in the areas of humanities, art, history, international relations, business, among others.
• We have a trained andexperienced staff to assist students and faculty throughout the program, 24 hours a day.
• One of our aims is to develop of students´ skills by participating in different cultural activities and help them improve their cultural awareness and language abilities.
• This program gives yo the opportunity to study in a prestigious, historic and one of the oldest universities in Spain and Europe.
•Alcalá de Henares is considered a historical safe college town where students can get around easily and enjoy the beauty of its historic buildings and plazas. Madrid, is just 35 minutes away by train or bus.
•The Universidad de Alcala is a public university recognized by the Spanish Ministry of Education. As part of the university, the Institute´s regulations are established in Article 90 of the Universidad de Alcalá by-laws. The transference of academic credits is facilitated by the agreements signed between the Instituto Franklin-Universidad de Alcala and partner institutions.
- Setting Description:
- The city of Alcalá de Henares combines the best of a medieval and modern town.
Full range of modern amenities for international students: hotels, restaurants with local and international cuisine, banks, travel agencies, shopping centers, theaters and cinemas which make one’s stay very enjoyable. There are also several medical clinics and a hospital.
Considered an attractive and safe college town centrally located and easily accesible by public transportation. Madrid is just 35 minutes away by commuter train or bus. Trains for Madrid depart every 7 minutes. Its public transport system offers comfortable and user friendly service connecting all zones of the city.
The international airport Madrid Barajas Adolfo Suarez is about 10 miles from Alcalá de Henares.
6.570 € (first semester)
5.584 € (second semester)
The cost includes:
- Academic Registration: 4 courses (12 academic credits) to choose from the Spanish Studies offer or regular courses at the University of Alcalá (except courses in some schools like medicine or nursing).
- Credits granted by the University of Alcalá.
- Field trips and cultural visits. - Orientation program.
- Guided tour of Alcalá.
- Guided tour of Madrid.
- Transfers to and from
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program