- Explore international perspectives on inclusive education and education for children with special educational needs. - Meet education professionals from around the world. - Gain Master's credit through intensive study (30 hours contact time over 5 days)
- Manchester, United Kingdom
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
- The 1-week Master's level unit covers the following areas
¦The policy context for inclusive education
¦Exploring inclusive pedagogies
¦Developing inclusive curricula
¦Understanding the development of inclusive schools
¦Developing more inclusive classroom practices
¦Collaboration for inclusive learning
¦Inclusive education as social justice
¦Including diverse learners
On successful completion of this unit students will be able to:
¦Critically analyse the current policy context for inclusive education
¦Understand the significance of inclusive pedagogy and curricula in developing more inclusive practices
¦Identify the processes underlying the development of more inclusive schools
¦Reflect critically on the development of more inclusive practices in their own professional setting
¦Demonstrate an understanding of issues of equality, diversity and social justice in inclusive education.
- Explore international perspectives on inclusive education and education for children with special educational needs. - Meet education professionals from around the world. - Gain Master's credit through intensive study (30 hours contact time over 5 days), followed by distance learning.
Gain Master's level course credits in the UK, and combine intensive study with a trip to the UK/Europe.
- Setting Description:
- The course will be held at the Didsbury campus of Manchester Metropolitan University, which is located about 15 minutes from Manchester city centre by public transport. Accommodation in student rooms may be available, and can be extended before and after the course if available.
- Cost for international participants (from outside UK/EU) is £1,500 for the course. This includes assessment if required.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program